Welcome to Assistant Chef Penny – our “Frequent Flyer” Guest!
Penny from 15andMeowing is often helping me in the Castle Kitchen because she and her Mom find wonderful recipes for us to showcase on Saturdays when we whip up delicious baconized meals to share with YOU. That’s why she’s with me today – WE have a goodie for you.
Penny’s Mom sent in a really delicious recipe – something a little similar to a recipe we’ve done before but this is ever so slightly different and the difference is tasty! Ready?
BLT Pasta Salad
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain,
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed (OK – I know this is a little exotic so if you can’t find it – no worries!)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- For the pasta salad:
- 1 (8-ounce) package of fusilli pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups romaine, lightly packed, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped, plus more, optional, for garnish
- 4 (8-ounce) slices of bacon, thick-cut, cooked, cut into chunky bite-sized pieces
Step 1 –In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, dried dillweed, salt, cayenne pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
Step 2 –Refrigerate the dressing mixture until ready to use.
Step 3 –Cook the pasta until al dente, according to the package instructions.
Step 4 –Drain the pasta.
Step 5 –Place the drained pasta into a large serving bowl.
Step 6 –Pour the dressing mixture over the pasta and toss to coat.
Step 7 –Gently fold the cherry tomatoes, romaine, spinach, 3 tablespoons of chives, and bacon into the pasta mixture.
Step 8 –Sprinkle the additional chives for garnish.
Step 9 –Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Sounds delish doesn’t it? Well it is!
Thank you Chef Penny for bringing the recipe AND for taking time to whip it up to show our visitors how yummy it looks AND tastes. It’s a winner. You can use “low fat” options where you can in the recipe too if you wish. However you make it – it’s a WINNER!
King Teddy and Chef Penny hope you enjoy this one!
P.S. Just a short note to say that tomorrow’s post – Sunday Selfies – is dedicated to our dear friend Raz who made his way to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday……….we are beyond sad he’s left us and his Mom misses him so very much. We know how hard it is when someone we love has made that journey. Please stop by to leave a message for Raz’s Mom HERE.