Monday – time for SPARKS! If you don’t know what posting a SPARK is all about, here’s the history! SPARKS is a Monday tradition – how did it start and what IS IT? “SPARKS” was started by Annie McGuffy of McGuffy’s Reader but ended when her blog was hacked some time ago. It was meant to be a way to start out each week with with a meaningful thought – something that spoke to each of us and hopefully everyone else who read it. Although Annie isn’t currently blogging, a lot of us who enjoyed her SPARKS decided to keep posting SPARKS of our own. Why? Because sometimes we need a little “spark” in our lives and these posts were meant to at least be a PART of that effort. Please feel free to post your own SPARK on your blog and let everyone know you have…….we get energy from each other that way.
We’re now officially on the “countdown to Christmas” here in my house. When we got all the decorations out for the tree Teddy went crazy…….he sniffed everything to refamiliarize himself with things and after the tree was up, promptly took up residence UNDER the tree as usual.
Preparing for the holiday – especially for Christmas – has always been a special time for me and I clearly remember the excitement I felt as a little girl. Age brings more reflection of course………and when I saw this poster with the lines from a very familiar and beloved song, I thought it really was a PERFECT SPARK for today. I know that I’m not the only one who prays for PEACE ON EARTH and for a KINDER world with more goodwill among humankind. BUT Mr. Longfellow said it better than I ever could.
Let’s hope we come away from the holiday season with more peace in our hearts AND more importantly IN THIS WORLD of ours.
Sunday Selfie Blog Hop
Happy Sunday! Is everyone over their turkey coma? Good. Then we’re “ON” for the selfie hop. Our hosts at The Cat On My Head give us a chance to show off ourselves every Sunday so let’s go. If you want to join – click the badge above and link up.
Mom and Dad got the tree out of the basement yesterday and put it up in the living room. They didn’t “fluff” up the branches or put ornaments on it yet but at least MY tree is up and with the skirt under it, I’m back in business with my Christmas naps. I’m using one of the two photos Mom took for my Selfie.
There I am – tucked under the tree in the library – once Dad puts the train under there I’ll have a tough time finding a nap spot but right now – it’s perfect!
YES then we went to Lunapic and applied the “SUNSHINE” Art Effect and here’s what we ended up with – cool huh? YES we did make a puzzle – it’s after this photo.
AND here’s the puzzle!
Just click this mini-photo and good luck puzzling!!!!
Happiness is Napping Under the Christmas Tree
Let’s Get To Cookin’ !
Hello – another Saturday arrives and I have Raz from Friends Furever as my Guest Chef/Assistant again today. You will remember him from other visits – he brings some pretty yummy baconized recipes to us and this week is no exception!
I’m guessing some of you will freak out when you see this uses gorgonzola cheese. We have a wonderful cheese section in our grocery here and they have EVERY king of cheese possible including gorgonzola and my Mom and Dad love it. I’m sure you can find a substitute cheese that you like and use it in this recipe though. This is yet another dip – I hope you aren’t “all dipped out” since we’ve had several dip recipes lately but this is great for two or three or a party and it IS “Holiday Season” after all!!
BACON GORGONZOLA SKILLET DIP
- 11 oz package of refrigerated bread dough (biscuit dough works and you can “size” them down to the size of your skillet)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + additional for coating skillet
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 slices Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces gorgonzola crumbles, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Brush a 12″ skillet with olive oil to coat.
- Cut the refrigerated dough into 15 equal pieces and place in a ring on the outer edge of the skillet, leaving the middle open. Set aside
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a small pan with the crushed garlic and salt and heat oil to infuse with garlic flavor, then cool.
- Prepare the dip by beating the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl, until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in 4 ounces of the gorgonzola, the garlic powder, green onions and cooked Bacon then mix to combine.
- Spoon the dip into the open center of the prepared skillet and sprinkle the remaining gorgonzola on top.
- Brush the tops of the bread with the garlic oil and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until bread is golden.
- Top with additional green onions if desired and serve.
Oh boy is this good. It’s a REAL treat.
Thanks a bunch Raz…………you are a great Assistant Chef and please come back and visit us again (and again) – you and your Mom find some mighty fine recipes that we can make together and pass on to my Kingdom!!!
I’ve decided to honor and thank our Guest Chefs from now on – Raz you get the first badge EVER as my thanks for helping me pass on a recipe to the Kingdom!
Have a great Saturday – hopefully it will include BACON!
King Teddy (and Raz too)
Hello Friends! Time to fill in the blanks as provided by our co-hosts Four-Legged Furballs and 15andmeowing. Four sentences and lots of blanks to fill-in which give the world more insight into US! Cool huh? Wanna join in? Click the badge above and link up – easy.
Here are our four sentences this week (two from each co-host). Mom and I both filled blanks in so MY words are in RED and hers are in GREEN.
1. I find it easy to choose a gift for Teddy – he likes EVERYTHING (for about sixty seconds!).
2. I find it difficult to choose a gift for my Mom – I don’t know her computer password so no online shopping and I can’t drive to go buy her something so I just give her BIG HUGS which make her happy!.
3. Now that I’ve learned to like my weight control wet food, I can proudly say I’ve stayed at the same weight as I was before the weight control food – haha – fooled ya!!.
4. I’m especially looking forward to decorating the house this holiday season.
Well I must admit that I have lost a couple of pounds but my vet STILL tells me and Mom that I am not fat……….I am big. In fact I’m bigger than big I’m HUGE. BUT I’m healthy and heaven knows I’m happy.
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving…………..Mom and Dad were away from home but they brought leftovers back! OH BOY! See you next week for fill-ins again!