Castle Baconia Kitchen Is Open For Business!
And as the business owner (aka King) I feel it is my duty to provide my kingdom with a wonderful recipe every single Saturday that includes bacon. I will say that the Royal Mom had a bit to do with this one – why? Because she is a “Potato Princess” – she loves potatoes…..french fries, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato pancakes, twice baked potatoes – she’s never met a potato she didn’t like. She particularly loves Potatoes Au Gratin but this recipe kicks it up a notch…………..it includes bacon and a couple of other things that aren’t in our “regular” potatoes au gratin recipe. SO LET’S DO THIS!
Easy Creamy Potatoes Au Gratin With Bacon
- 8 Ounces bacon
- 1 Cup whole milk
- ½ Cup butter
- 3 Garlic cloves smashed
- 6 Large russet potatoes
- ½ Cup onion sliced
- ¾ + ¾ Teaspoon salt
- ¾ + ¾ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ + ½ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 + 1 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Teaspoon dried parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay bacon on a pan sprayed baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Chop when done and set aside. Once the bacon is out of the oven, increase the temperature to 400°F.
While the bacon is cooking, heat a small saucepan on medium heat. Simmer the whole milk, butter and smashed garlic for 5 minutes. Remove the garlic.
Peel and rinse the russet potatoes. Slice the potatoes very thin, about ⅛ inch thick. Also, slice the onion thinly.
Using a pan sprayed 13×9 baking pan, cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of half of the potato slices. Then, cover the potato slices with half of the sliced onions. Cover with half of the milk and butter mixture. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt, ¾ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
Cover with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Cover with the remaining potato slices and repeat the other layers. Cover the final cheddar layer with grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley and the chopped bacon. Bake for 1 hour.
OK – did I knock your socks off with this recipe? Good! You won’t want to serve “just plain” mashed potatoes again – this really is delicious and I’m sure you’ll love it – those of you who can’t eat bacon will be happy to know that while bacon is always better (!) it’s not necessary – these potatoes are JUST THAT GOOD that they stand on their own!
“I’m definitely standing on my own!”
We’ll be here again next Saturday with another exciting baconized recipe – so tune in won’t you? There’s always something exciting happening in the land of bacon!
Next Week! Your King……………..
Happy Saturday and welcome to the Castle Baconia kitchen!
Yes indeed another week has gone by and it’s time for me to whip up something delish in the kitchen and share the recipe with you fans of bacon. It’s my mission to give you every possibility to include bacon in your diet. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack – I’m on the hunt for recipes to share!
This one is just BEYOND yummy……………………..WAY beyond.
Maple Bacon Magic Bars
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp maple extract (optional, but recommended)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
1/2 cup diced bacon bits
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
3 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8Ã—8-inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, oats and salt. Stir in maple extract and melted butter. Pour into prepared pan and press into an even layer, using your fingertips or a spatula.
Sprinkle chocolate chips in a layer on the graham layer. Sprinkle pecans in a layer on the chocolate chips. Sprinkle coconut in an even layer on top of the pecans, then sprinkle bacon on in an even layer on top of the coconut.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and maple syrup, and pour that mixture over everything.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until coconut is golden brown.
Cool completely before slicing.
Bars can be served at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 25 squares.
Need I say more??????? I think the recipe speaks for itself (bacon can talk you know!)
All Hail King Teddy of Baconia!
The King Is Here…..Welcome!
It’s that time again – here in the Castle Baconia kitchen I can be found every Saturday sharing a delish bacon recipe with my loyal bacon loving friends – and today is no exception. Today’s goodie is a delicious meal indeed especially if you are a “burger” person like the Royal Mom is. I say whatever it is you’ll love them!
What is it?
Bacon Cheeseburger Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) Velveeta, cubed (or similar type cheese but velveeta melts so NICELY!)
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 large egg, beaten, optional
- Sesame seeds, optional (I didn’t use them!)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, bacon and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Flatten biscuits into 5-in. circles; top each with 1/3 cup beef mixture. Fold sides and end over filling, and roll up. Place seam side down on a greased baking/cookie sheet. If desired, brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard; serve with roll-ups.
Yep – no doubt about it – delish. An easy to eat meal in a roll.
Happy Weekend from the land of bacon! King Teddy
Greetings Loyal Bacon Fans! I have a Guest Chef today!
Yes – lucky me – I have the ever lovely Penny from 15andmeowing.com keeping me company in the kitchen today as we prepare another wonderful bacon recipe which she and her Mom Miss Ellen sent in to us! AND it’s a yummy one I’m sure you will agree.
WHAT IS IT???????????????????????
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- crackers or crostini, to taste and for dipping
Step 1 –In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, the mayonnaise, and the sour cream until smooth.
Step 2 –Mix the seasoned salt and the garlic powder into the cream cheese mixture.
Step 3 –Spread the cream cheese mixture into an 8-inch pie pan and chill until ready to serve.
Step 4 –Top the chilled cream cheese mixture with the lettuce, the tomatoes, the bacon, and the green onions.
Step 5 –Serve with crackers.
THIS STUFF IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! Thanks Joanie and Mom Ellen for the recipe!!!!!!
Hugs from your King and his Guest Chef !!!!
Ahhh….it’s bakin’ with bacon time!
Hi everyone. I hope some of you tried out one of the New Year’s Eve appetizers I suggested last Saturday. If not – they are good any time. My Mom and Dad can make a whole meal out of appetizers. This time around I’m giving you something my Mom and Dad have had for lunch – not an accompaniment to a lunch but actually the WHOLE lunch. It’s a swell side dish but also a MEAL on its’ own.
Cheesy Bacon Butternut Squash
- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to to 425°. In a large ovenproof skillet (or in a large baking dish), toss butternut squash with olive oil, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, then scatter bacon on top.
- Step 2 – Bake until the squash is tender and the bacon is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Step 3 – Remove skillet from oven and top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty.
- Step 4 – Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Doesn’t this sound YUMMY? Looks yummy to me and I’m a cat! Butternut squash has always been a BIG FAVE of my Mom’s. I can understand why!
SEE YOU HERE AT THE CASTLE NEXT SATURDAY!
Hugs From The King