Happy Monday! You know what Monday means…………SPARKS. Time for an inspirational thought – a little something to get us through another week. Everyone is invited to participate by posting their OWN thoughts on their blogs – SPARKS inspire all of us! “SPARKS” was started by Annie McGuffy of McGuffy’s Reader but ended when her blog was hacked some time ago. It was meant to be a way to start out each week with with a meaningful thought – something that spoke to each of us and hopefully everyone else who read it. Sometimes we need a little “spark” in our lives and these posts were meant to at least be a PART of that effort. Please feel free to post a SPARK of your own on your blog and let everyone know you have…….we get energy from each other that way!
Had a conversation with someone today about aging………….Which led to me looking for some good quotes about that subject. This one REALLY struck home. I’m guessing it will do the same for you.
I am not going to complain about aging – what good does that do? It will happen to all of us……………..IF WE’RE LUCKY. Hadn’t thought of it that way right? Me neither.
Have a great week everyone.
Happy Sunday Hoppers! This is the day we get to strut our stuff. Not that we shy away from “starring” in our other posts of course but Sunday is SELFIE day at The Cat On My Head. If you’d like to be involved and share your pawsome selfie, click the badge above and find the LINK so you can join us.
I’m afraid I’m letting you down AGAIN on a new photo of yours truly – it’s not that Mom didn’t have her camera – she had it alright – but the battery is dead and she didn’t go out to get a new one! Sorry about the flashbacks lately. I’ve told Mom she’s gotta get with the program!
Here’s a photo of me from about this same time in June of 2017 which was my first June with Mom and Dad after they adopted me from the shelter.
OOPS – June 8, 2018 must have been a napping kind of day for yours truly. Looks like I passed out between Mom’s office and the upstairs hallway. Sorry Mom didn’t decorate my personal area with a leaf or something but hey…..I’m a LET IT ALL HANG OUT kind of guy!
Did I dress this one up with Lunapic? OF COURSE I DID!
WOWZERS! This is one of the new art effects on Lunapic called YARN!
We like it – sure does look like yarn doesn’t it? And before you ask – YES I made a puzzle for you puzzle peeps! Good luck – this one might be a bit tricky.
Just click on this mini-sized picture of yours truly for the puzzle!
GREETINGS BACON FANS!
Today I have a recipe I have already shared with you once BUT The ROYAL MOM remembered she had this recipe and made these again this past week and said I needed to run it by you all one more time. Why? Well, why not. These things are addictive and delicious and have bacon and chocolate which are two my The Royal Mom’s favorite things! Seriously – it’s a delicious little snack. Could be that we’ll just try to keep a batch of these HANDY for TV night!!
Bacon-Pecan Chocolate Truffles
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Place dark chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, heat butter and cream just to simmering. Pour over chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in bacon. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, 1-1/2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- For coating, place baking chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over baking chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in maple flavoring. Cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Shape dark chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip truffles in maple mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in pecans; place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
See what I mean? Remember this? This is the recipe that you can dump some bourbon in the mix if you like but The Royal Mom likes them this way best! Whatever The Royal Mom wants…..The Royal Mom gets (well……maybe not quite all the time!!).
HAPPY CATURDAY BACON BUDDIES!
Your Not So Humble King, Teddy
Hi everybody! We’re doing some filling in with our two co-hosts Four-Legged Furballs and 15andMeowing…………….it’s a great and fun HOP – wanna join in? Click the badge above and link up.
We get two sentences from each co-host……………..usually my Mom and I split them up or I do all or she does all………………We split them up this week with ME doing everything in BLUE and Mom doing everything in GREEN!
1. SNAKES creep (s) me out.
2. I could use a refresher class in DIETING. (I hate diet cat food…..but Mom makes it bearable by adding a little regular food with it – so we’re cheating)
3. Life would be much simpler if WE LIVED IN A SMALLER HOUSE.
4. I would like to BE ABLE TO GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT SNOOPERVISION, but first I have to NOT GET DISTRACTED OUT THERE BY SOMETHING TO CHASE OUTSIDE MY YARD!!!
YAY – we finished! This is a lot of fun every week AND we read everyone else’s answers too and learn so much about our friends………….cool! Happy Friday!
Hugs, Teddy (and Mom)