HOOO HOO!!! It’s Friday. Today is the day my Mom is in the hospital having her hip replacement surgery so Dad and I are on our own this morning. This is my last blogging day until Mom is able to help me – that could be any time from Monday on so don’t be surprised if I’m not around the next few days OK?
Anyway, as you know by now, Friendly Fill-Ins is co-hosted by 15andmeowing and Four-Legged Furballs and each of them gives us TWO sentences with blanks. We fill in the blanks……what’s that do? Well it lets you know more about us – that’s what. Kind of fun to know stuff about your friends right? So here are the four sentences we got for today and because Mom isn’t here today I let HER fill in all four yesterday. Her words are in BLUE.
1. I learned how to pick the right guy the hard way.
2. Everyone should do something out of their “comfort zone” at least once in their lives.
3. Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about what in my life I’d like to “do over” if I could.
4. I’ll never be too old to be silly sometimes!
Okee Dokee Mom. Thanks. I miss you and hope you’ll be home Saturday so I can hop up on the bed and keep you company while you rest up! I can be a VERY good nurse you know!!!!
“Just keeping OUR bed warm Mom!!”
Friday! Let’s fill in some blanks together shall we?? Every Friday we get four sentences – two from each of the above co-hosts – with blanks for us to fill in. Amazing how much information you can share with just a word or two in a sentence isn’t it? Well, if you think you might like to play along – just click the badge above and find where to LINK up with us at 15andMeowing.
Here are our four sentences for this week. Mom and both filled in this week – if the words are hers they are in BLUE and if they’re my words they’re in GREEN!
1. I hope my perfect little life never changes.
2. The luckiest I have ever been was meeting and marrying my hubby David!
3. I never thought I would find a forever home when I lived in the shelter but I did.
4. I’m waiting for life to get back to normal – I miss traveling SO MUCH.
Not very exciting words in our blanks this week – sorry about that – it’s been a quiet week (at least until yesterday’s mess in Washington, DC – thankfully we live about an hour outside of town in the QUIET countryside!). Anyway, we really thank our co-hosts for coming up with sentences every week – Mom says she’d have a tough time doing that !!!
Hope everyone has a super Friday and fabulous weekend…………….we might get snow next Tuesday…………might…………only MIGHT!
“Gee Dad…..what do you mean when you say you wish you had a wheelbarrow handy???”
Hugs, Big Boy Teddy
Neither rain, nor snow, nor Christmas Day will keep Friendly Fill-Ins from happening……………and if you want to join us – just click the badge above and LINK UP. We have two co-hosts as you see and each of them provides two sentences with blanks for us to fill. Fun!
Mom and I split the sentences – Mom’s words are in RED and mine are in GREEN.
1. The best gift I have ever given is the one that gave the receiver joy because I had “listened” when they said what they were hoping for!.
2. Last night, I enjoyed driving in downtown Warrenton, and around various neighborhoods with my husband looking at Christmas lights while listening to Christmas music.
3. Sitting on the front porch while it pours rain brings me joy today.
4. My favorite holiday memory is my first Christmas here – I’d never seen a TREE inside before – I knew about outside trees but inside and with lights? WOW!.
We hope you have a wonderful Christmas celebration!
Teddy and Mom Pam
Oh boy………..time to do one of my favorite Hops – the one where we get to learn stuff about our friends by filling in the blanks in sentences. Our co-hosts, Four-Legged-Furballs and 15andMeowing each provide us with two sentences and places for us to fill in the blanks. It’s fun – it’s easy – and it’s every week! You can click the badge above and look for the spot to LINK with us if you like!
Here are this week’s four sentences complete with “holes” for filling…………..I decided to let my Mom fill in ALL the blanks today – “Hey Mom – consider it a Christmas present!” (tee hee)……Mom’s words are in GREEN.
1. My favorite kind of homemade cookie is chocolate chip (since I was a little girl!).
2. I’m a big fan of having a stocking hung on the mantel containing lots of little fun gifts to open!!!.
3. I look most forward to giving gifts during the holiday season.
4. This year having to social distance is my least favorite thing about the holiday season. (I will miss seeing friends and having fun together – I just look forward to NEXT year’s holiday season!!)
Hey Mom. You did a good job. For the record, you make really tasty chocolate chip cookies – not that I have ever had any because chocolate is a BIG NO NO but they smell wonderful so I’m SURE they taste wonderful. Besides, Dad practically inhales them so I assume they are super yummy. I know you and Dad will miss seeing your friends this year but it’s the SAFE thing to do!!
Next week’s Friendly Fill-Ins day is CHRISTMAS DAY………..the only filling in we will be doing is “filling in our tummies with good food!!” – right Mom?
Thanks to our co-hosts, 15andMeowing and Four-Legged-Furballs, we all have this super fun Hop every Friday where we get four sentences with words left out that we have to fill in. Everybody does the same four sentences and we can read everyone’s words – you really get to know a lot about someone that way! If you want to join us – please do – click 15andMeowing’s badge above and look for the LINK. Easy!
Here are the four sentences (two from each co-host) that we received this week……………….My Mom and I shared filling in this week – her words are in RED and mine are in GREEN!
1. My favorite Christmas ( or Hanukkah) songs are “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and “Do You Hear What I hear” (I have so many I had a tough time picking ONE fave!)
2. This holiday season I will miss opening gifts with our neighbors – social distancing interferes with that tradition!
3. I would like Santa to bring some snow on Christmas morning!!
4. You might find ME under my Christmas tree this year. (I love being under the Christmas tree……..I nap for hours and will miss it when it goes away again for another year)
That’s that! Easy isn’t it? About Christmas music – Mom plays Christmas music non-stop on Christmas Eve and Day………we also watch a whole lot of Christmas movies from Mom and Dad’s collection on DVD. By the time Christmas is over we are CHRISTMASIZED from head to toe!
Love, Teddy (and Mom)