YAY! Friday! Let’s do some “fill in the blanks” with our co-hosts Four-Legged Furballs and 15andmeowing. Easy to do – just fill in the blanks in the sentences they give us and voila – DONE. If you’d like to join in – just visit them and link up.
This week, as we often do, Mom and I shared the duty of filling in the blanks. If the words are MY WORDS they are in BLUE and if they are Mom’s words, they are in ORANGE.
1. I just can’t bring myself to imagine living anywhere else but here in my little town in Virginia.
2. I have a hankering for soft shell crabs – yum.
3. Getting adopted by Mom and Dad from the shelter changed my life.
4. At this stage of my life, I often fall asleep in my recliner in the afternoon – yep – I’m at the “NAP” stage in my mid-70s!!
My Mom and Dad went out to dinner at their favorite restaurant for the first time in over a year this week and Mom had hoped they would have soft shell crabs as a special but (sniff) they didn’t. She did get oysters for an appetizer though and that’s another favorite of hers so I tell her she WON a little and LOST a little at dinner. She and Dad hope to get back into having more dinners out……………..they’ve missed “date night”.
So that’s it for this week……………..hope everyone has a nice Friday and weekend and we’ll see you for filling in again NEXT week! Thanks to our co-hosts for this fun HOP.
Feels a little steamy out here Mom – let’s go back inside!
Friday! Time to fill in the blanks. Four sentences every Friday to complete which give people a little more insight into WHO we are! Very fun. Each of our co-hosts gives us two sentences and we just put our own words in the blanks. Want to join? Click the badge and LINK UP.
Mom and I BOTH did the filling in this week – if the words are MINE they are in RED and if they are HER words, they are in BLUE!
1. A memory I have of my Mom is her letting me arrange her pretty long blonde hair when I was a little girl – I’d brush her hair then use hairpins to create all kinds of fancy hairdos (probably pretty weird but she never said that!).
2. I always complain about not getting enough outside time but actually my Mom and Dad indulge me VERY well in that regard!.
3. I have a lot in common with other cats my Mom and Dad have had – I’m ginger, spoiled, and happy!.
4. Right now I’m slightly overweight, but I’d rather be slightly underweight!
There’s the scoop from me and Mom………………looking forward to filling in more blanks NEXT Friday! Hope everyone has a great weekend! We’re actually having some rain from tropical storm Elsa right now………..we’re far enough inland in Virginia that it’s not as bad as most have had but we sure won’t be complaining about NO RAIN for a while.
Hugs, Mom and Me!
Friday Fill In The Blanks time! Our co-hosts give us four sentences with blanks and all we have to do is fill them in! Want to join us? Click the badge above and LINK UP with us!
Sometimes Mom and I share filling in but this time around I’m letting her be the star – she’s filled in ALL the blanks all by herself……WAY TO GO MOM!
1. This summer, I plan to stay out of the sun as much as I can and wear sunscreen when I “have” to be in the sun.
2. My favorite food at a bbq is either burgers OR BBQ ribs.
3. You’ll find me in a quiet spot at a party. (I’m not a big party animal – I love being with friends but I try to stay out of the limelight!)
4. Who gets to sit in the front seat of the car is the silliest thing I’ve ever argued about. (When I was young, and we were going on a road trip with Dad driving, Mom would always sit in the backseat and it was a battle between my brother and me as to who would sit in the front seat and “navigate” – I ALWAYS got to do it!!)
Good job Mom! Thanks for doing the filling in today – maybe next Friday I’ll do them all by myself! Everybody keep praying that Sawyer from The Cat On My Head comes home. It’s the #1 wish everyone who knows him and the Blue family has. SAWYER COME HOME.
Your parents miss you and so do we!
WHAT? It’s Friday AGAIN? Gosh – time is flying by. Well if it’s Friday (and it is) it’s time to fill-in the blanks with our two co-hosts for some fun. You can join in – all you do is add your own words to four sentences that we get from our co-hosts – easy right? You can click the badge above and LINK UP at 15andMeowing if you want to have fun too.
Here we go…………………….if Mom is filling in the blank, the words are in RED but if I am filling in with MY words, the words are in GREEN!
1 If I were one of the 7 dwarves, I would be “Happy” because – well – I am happy!.
2. I think television is boring – unlike most of my kitty friends, I really do NOT watch TV – I like the real thing (outside!!!).
3. “Eat Healthy” is a rule that I regularly break.
4. I can’t believe adopting a pet isn’t more popular. (what’s more important than giving a homeless animal a forever home – I mean truly!)
Done – we did those quickly – mostly me because Mom only gave me one sentence to fill in the blank on.
Oh well………..I would have answered #1 like she did because I’m happy – and for #3 I would have said “Don’t wake Mom up earlier than 3AM” because she says 3AM is “early enough” (she’s right)………and for #4 I would have said the same thing she did. Me and Mom – we think alike a lot of the time!
Hope you have a HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!
Hugs from me and Mom
After this post had gone out we got word that a dear friend of ours from Cat Scouts AND from his blog has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. He will be missed more than we can really say. He was a good friend of Angel Sammy’s and a good friend of Teddy’s as well. Of course his Dad Pete is devastated at losing Timmy – they were “closer than close”………we are SURE that Angel Sammy gave Timmy a big welcome hug at the Bridge…………….and send Dad Pete our love during this tough time. You can leave a message for Pete and his cat family at his blog.
Hi Friday Fill-In Partners! It’s that time again………….our co-hosts give us sentences with spots for us to fill in the blanks and we do. Then we share with the BLOG HOP part of things and you can join in by clicking the badge above and finding the spot to LINK IN. Go for it!
I only filled in one blank on this one – my one is #4 and my words are in BLUE. Mom did the others and she’s in RED.
1. If I could trade places with someone for a day, I would trade with **OK – I must say that there isn’t one person I would want to trade places with – I truly think I’ve got a great life just the way it is and sometimes what looks like it would be BETTER turns out to be WORSE!!**.
2. I would like to own a mountain cabin some day.
3. I can’t stand humidity this time of the year.
4. Taking a nap on the front porch in the shade is my favorite thing about this time of the year
Mom meant what she said by the way with #1. Everyone has problems – even the rich and famous. Mom can deal with her problems but wouldn’t want to take on anyone else’s and besides, I’d miss her for that ONE DAY if she traded with someone else! HA!
Everyone have a swell Friday AND weekend.
Nap time! I’d better head up on the porch and pick my spot!