It’s Fill-In Time!!!!!
Time for the very fun Blog Hop co-hosted by Annie of McGuffy’s Reader and Ellen of 15andMeowing. Each week each of our co-hosts provides two sentences with blanks for us to FILL-in. Couldn’t be easier right? And you know what? Each week we learn more about each other just by “filling in”! Want to join in? Just click on the badge above and be transported to McGuffy’s Reader where you can do just that – simply fill in the linky tool and you’re IN!
Here are this week’s sentences…………………my Mom filled things in this week…………she used BLUE as her “color” !
1. I have never been able to knit or crochet – I just couldn’t sit STILL long enough to make anything!.
2. I wish I could still play piano – I took lessons for three or four years then we moved out of the country and I couldn’t take my piano with me and that was that.
3. Sitting in front of a fire in the fireplace is my ideal winter night.
4. Love and marriage (go together like a horse and carriage!)
There you have it – four filled in sentences courtesy of my Mom. Mom says #4 is from stealing words to an old song sung by Frank Sinatra……..she knows a lot of old songs. I guess when you get older you know lots of stuff. I hope I can be wise when I grow up! I’m trying!
I guess that’s it for filling in this week……………….our thanks to Miss Annie and Miss Ellen for hosting this Hop for so long – it’s always fun. You should join in if you don’t already!
See you tomorrow for Bakin’ in Baconia!
Filling In Fun!! A Cool Blog Hop
Have you tried filling in sentences on Friday? You should. This is a fun Blog Hop co-hosted by Ellen of 15andMeowing and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader and it’s easy but cool at the same time. It’s a super way of getting to know our blogging community friends better and just have fun sharing stuff about ourselves. If you click on the graphic it will take you to McGuffy’s and you can enter your blog link so we can come to YOUR blog and see how YOU fill the blanks. But for now – I’m going to show you how Mom and I filled them out. Actually I’m letting MOM do them this week – they are more suited to a human answering than ME ME ME! Mom’s fill-ins are RED.
1. I would like to ask God why there is so much suffering in the world – I know I shouldn’t question things like that but I really would like to know.
2 My favorite fast food restaurant is McDonalds – we don’t go to Fast Food places but I do go through McD’s drive-thru every three months after my quarterly dental visit as a TREAT and get French fries!.
3. If I could go to any concert of someone still performing, it would be Doobie Brothers – once a fan, always a fan .
4. My Winter pastime is usually closet cleaning and cabinet clearing, because it’s too cold to go outside COMFORTABLY!
OK Mom thanks for that…………………If you think Dad doesn’t know about that “post-dental-visit” French Fry orgy you have every three months, you’ve got another think coming. He finds the salt between the seats when he’s vacuuming out your Buick. TEE HEE…………….
Big thanks to our friends at McGuffy’s and 15andMeowing for co-hosting such a fun Hop. We will do this again next week along with all of you we hope!
I see you!!!!!!
‘Twas the Friday before Christmas and all through our house,
not a creature was stirring except ME doing my Friendly Fill-Ins!!!!
It’s Friday and time to fill in some sentences courtesy of our co-hosts, Miss Annie of McGuffy’s Reader and Miss Ellen of 15andMeowing! Each of our co-hosts gives us TWO sentences each Friday and we just fill in the blanks however we want to……..it’s fun and we’d love it if you joined in – it’s great learning stuff about our friends and this is a totally cool way to do it. If you want to join in OR just read other “fill-ins” just click on the graphic above and you’ll be transported to McGuffy’s Reader JUST LIKE THAT!
Here are our four sentences to fill in this week – and I let Mom do them again this week………..it’s my First Christmas you know so I’m still learning about this fabulously fun holiday – Mom’s had 70 of these Christmas things so she’s an old hand at it. Tee Hee Mom’s answers are in GREEN!
1. I can’t wait to see my husband open my gift to him/her. (It will be a TOTAL surprise…..I got him a reflectorscope – he has an ancient telescope and this thing is about 1000% better!)
2. I have had the same very basic Christmas Dinner that I make for 27 years (since I married David – it’s all his choices and all his favorites which I love too!)
3. I would not mind if Santa were to bring me a new brain – I think this one I have is FULL!!!
4. On Christmas Eve, I always go to bed as excited as I used to be when I was a little girl for Christmas morning to come – special breakfast then presents – yes I am a “forever child” !
OK Mom…………thanks for filling in. Next year I will have some “Christmas experience” under my belt so I’ll be able to answer Christmas questions all by myself! I’m pretty excited too only because I have really thought having a tree in my library with all those lights and presents under it is pretty cool. Mom says it will be disappearing after the new year but I wonder if I could talk her into leaving it up. I do like to nap under it……………..
See if I can get her to keep the tree there, maybe Santa Claws will keep visiting me and bringing me presents – what do you think?
We have been getting cards from lots of you and we really appreciate you thinking of us – we didn’t send as many “snail mail” cards out as usual this year – but as I’ve said before, we have these Christmas cards for you to copy if you would like to have a card from us and didn’t get one via your local SNAIL. HAHAHA We love all of you and appreciate you following our blog. We do have a lot of fun here but wouldn’t be having ANY fun – if not for all of you!!!!!
Happy Friday! Love, Teddy
It’s that day of the week for the HOP we love so much – and it’s co-hosted by our friends 15andMeowing and McGuffy’s Reader. In fact, if you feel like hopping aboard this Blog Hop, just click McGuffy’s badge above then sign up on the LINKY form! Easy – go for it and share your thoughts with the rest of us Hoppers. Every week both of those blogs give us a list of four (two from each) sentences with blanks – and we have to fill in the blanks……this week’s four sentences are below – AND, I let my Mom fill them in this week! Her fill-ins are in CHRISTMAS RED!
1. The best part of last week was finally starting my Christmas shopping – I’m later than usual this year for some reason!
2. The worst part of last week was not finding all the stuff I wanted to get for gifts on my first time “out” – that means more shopping next week……
3. Closet cleaning and kitchen cabinet clearing out is a Winter project that I will be working on.
4. A holiday gift that I always buy for someone is Christmas socks – that’s right – it’s just a personal tradition to give socks to SOMEONE on my Christmas list!
YAY! Thanks Mom – I couldn’t figure out how to answer ANY of those questions – this is my very FIRST Christmas so I guess I’m having to learn about family traditions and stuff so I’m afraid I’m not good with Christmas questions. All I know is that I’ve been very GOOD so no doubt I’m on Santa’s NICE list.
Actually I already got an early present from Santa – he dropped it off yesterday and asked Mom and Dad if they wouldn’t mind being his “Virginia Elves” and putting it together because they were SO busy at the North Pole right now. Mom and Dad said “of course” and they thought it might take several days to put it together but it didn’t – it took an hour! So I got to have it EARLY (Santa told them I could have it early if they finished it early). Here it is:
Pawsome huh? Well, know what? So far I haven’t gone near it. I want some time to get used to it being in my basement. I’m a BIG BOY too and I’m not sure I’ll really FIT on that thing. It’s six feet tall and the “condos” are nice sized – that big one I can definitely fit in and the perches I can put my buns on and stare out the windows but so far, even with the temptation of following the Red Dot, or snarfing up some treats on one of the platforms – I’m keeping my distance. Mom and Dad have said that I just have to get used to SEEING it there before I’ll use it. I’m not so sure…………I kinda like the hanging mouses and the rope……..guess I’ll just have to be brave and give it a whirl! I don’t want Santa Paws to be disappointed in me since he brought it to me.
Have you done your “WISH LIST” for Santa? Time’s almost up – you all better do a list – and make sure you stay on the NICE LIST too unless you want to get a bag of coal (Mom told me that’s what BAD kitties get but that’s silly…….coal????????).
See you tomorrow for BAKIN’ WITH BACON (Christmas Version)……………woo hoo!!
“Fill It Like It Is!”
Yep that’s what we do on Fridays. This fun blog which is co-hosted by McGuffy’s Reader and 15andmeowing is all about filling in the blanks on FOUR sentences thereby telling a little about yourself that helps us know each other better! If you think you’d enjoy doing this too, click on the badge above – it will take you to McGuffy’s and you can link up if you like. Trust me – it’s tons of fun!
Here are this week’s sentences – two from McGuffy’s and two from 15andmeowing………………..and I decided to let my Mom fill out the first two and I’ll fill out the last two. Her fill-ins are GREEN and mine are PURPLE!
1. I can’t believe Zweiback Toast is still sold. (Note: when I was a very little girl that was what my Mom gave me to chew on when I was getting teeth! I’d “gum” it into mush but it kept me quiet for hours Mom said as I gnawed it to bits……I saw online that a German company “Brandt” is still making it – that makes me happy somehow……..)
2. I have NOTHING on Craigslist. I’ve never used Craigs List before but know plenty of people who buy and sell there.
3. Going into December, the weather outside is WARMER than usual but Mom tells me that I’m mistaken if I think THAT will last much longer! Cold weather is comin’ !
4. My current weakness is playing with those “spring” toys for kitties – I am ADDICTED – I have two I carry all over the house and I bring them to Mom so she will throw them for me and I can fetch them. I also like her to toss them in the jacuzzi so I can hop in and play with my spring in the empty tub……then I fall asleep in there (tee hee)
So there you have it – another Friendly Friday Fill-Ins by me and Mom. Tomorrow we will be having a special blog day as it is the one year anniversary of Sammy becoming an Angel. I know we’ve said it all before but since it’s an anniversary of sorts, we should make it special – SO, since Saturday is usually my baking day in Baconia, instead it will be “all about Sam”.
See you there! Meanwhile, have some fun – hook up to McGuffy’s and FILL-IN THE BLANKS!!
Wake me when it’s Saturday Mom OK??????
Let’s Fill In for Fun!
Hello! Today we Hop on board the FILL-IN blog hop co-hosted by McGuffys’ Reader and 15andMeowing to share some more STUFF about us here in my house! Everybody gets to “dish” their thoughts on things in this Hop – filling in sentences tells everyone a lot of things about you that’s for sure! If you click the badge above, you will go to McGuffy’s where you can join in the fun by using the LINKY tool !
Every week each of the hosts gives us TWO sentences each…………………and below are this week’s challenges. I decided to be a sweetie and let my Mom fill-in these. I could have hogged the spotlight but I blog all the time and she hardly has a chance to do anything without MY snoopervision! Tee Hee Mom’s fill-ins are in GREEN.
1. I would never be friends with someone who HATES animals – they wouldn’t be “my kind of person”!
2. I will never refuse any treatment that my vet recommends for Teddy – I totally trust our vet and know that he truly LOVES his patients.
3. I have never been to a restaurant for Christmas dinner because I always love making my own , but it might be fun to dress up and go to a fancy restaurant just once and let THEM do the work!!.
4. When it comes to any cat I’ve ever had , I loved them with all my heart from day one until I kissed them goodbye – such special little children they are.
Gosh Mom – you mean you think I’m super special? Well that’s nice cuz I think you are too!! You showed me how to do a proper somersault after all !
(during my first week in my new home!)
We have a special spot in our heart today for our friends at FRIENDS FUREVER blog – Miss Sharon and her kitties Raz and Allie – as Mr. Bill’s funeral is today. He was a brave man who fought to stay with his family, accomplished so very much in his life, and adored his pets. We are so sad for Miss Sharon but we are sending our love, our strength and hugs because we know that one day, they will all be together again. You can visit their blog by clicking HERE.
Now if you’ll excuse me,
I’m going to see if I can talk Mom into
taking me outside for a walk!
Know what my favorite thing to do out there is? Roll around in the dirt!
Mom calls me her little red Pig.
Good thing I’m cute – I get away with so much stuff!!!!
Time To Fill In!!
It’s Friday and I’m joining up with the Friendly Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop and if you’d like to do the same, click on the image above to visit one McGuffy’s Reader and use the Linky tool to join up with your blog link! Our hosts are Miss Annie of McGuffy’s Reader and Miss Ellen of 15andMeowing. It’s a FUN hop and we just fill in sentences they give us and find out a lot of cool stuff about each other!
Ready? Me too!
Here are the sentences we got to fill in this week……………and I let my Mom do the filling in today – aren’t I nice to share???? Moms’ answers are in BLUE!
1. My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is go to the grocery store – I love to grocery shop.
2. My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is go to a doctors appointment.
3. I could really do without commercial television – we watch PBS almost exclusively around here.
4. I would love to have more cats – well specially ONE more cat – as a friend for Teddy.
Thanks Mom! I’m not sure I want to have another kitty around here – I like being KING……….I get all the attention and I can’t imagine sharing YOU and Dad with someone else! So there!
I was a lazy guy today – I did manage to squeeze a few walks outside in the 100+ degree heat with my Mom and Dad but other than that, I kept cool inside – – – napping in the sink OR like this in my ratty old torn up red “tent” !!
Mom gets a big charge out of me sleeping inside that old thing…..it’s so torn up now from me playing rough with it that it can barely stand up on its’ own. Oh well……….can’t say I don’t USE my toys around here right?
Hope everyone has a HAPPY Friday – we’re going to be staying inside again for the most part because of the heat……………I’m sure I’ll be doing what I do best………….sleeping on my back!
Let’s Complete Some Sentences!!
YAY! Friday is here and we’re going to fill in the blanks…………………..this is a FUN Blog Hop co-hosted by Miss Ellen at 15andMeowing and Miss Annie at McGuffysReader. You can get to McGuffys’ Reader by clicking on the badge above – then use the LINKY tool and enter your blog address where you can share your OWN FILL-INS!!!!! Wheeee!
This week’s sentences are below – two from Ellen and two from Annie………..ready? Mom is going to fill in the first two sentences and I get to do the second two! Mom’s in RED and I’m in GREEN.
1. a prop from a tv show or film I would like to own is The Time Machine in the movie of that name from 1960 – oh boy would I have fun visiting people and places in that!.
2. My oldest friendship is a high school friend from the mid-1960s – Linda and I have lost touch off and on through these MANY years because we both moved around a bit AND we’ve both had busy lives, but we KNOW each other is there..
3. Whenever I sleep, I always snore – my Mom and Dad do too so I think I learned it from THEM!!.
4. The best brand of kitty treats is Temptations – ANY FLAVOR works for me – I’m not picky.
So there you have it – Friendly Fill-Ins for another week.
I’m trying to stay out of trouble…………………I saw this sight out the living room window recently……..good thing I’m INSIDE and not OUTSIDE!!!
almost invisible deer introooder at MY bird feeders!
I also love to visit the deck out back even though I’m not allowed on it without my harness and leash……………..my Mom and Dad wish it was screened in so they COULD let me out there.
Hope you have a HAPPY FRIDAY!
It’s time to fill in some blanks here thanks to the blog hop co-hosted by 15andMeowing AND McGuffy’s Reader! Every Friday they each give us TWO sentences with blanks and we “fill-R-up”! If you think you might like to join in, just visit McGuffy’s by clicking the badge up above and using the LINKY tool to join in the fun!!!
This week Angel Sammy and I thought we’d AGAIN let Mom fill these in……aren’t we GENEROUS? I think so. Mom’s fill-ins are in RED.
1. My idea of roughing it is staying in a hotel or B&B where I can’t get a glass of wine with dinner (tee hee – of course I’m being silly here).
2.I never get sick of talking about my cats (I’m sure you’ve noticed???!!).
3. My youth was a whole lot of fun for the most part although MAYBE time has smoothed off the rough edges of those memories??
4. My “golden years” are HERE and I’m loving them.
OK Mom – thanks for doing such a swell job. As for your answer to #2 – we love you too!
Yes Mom – I do!
Me too Mom – I love you more than I love my mousie!
Angel Sammy and Teddy too