Happy Friday! Today is Friendly Fill-Ins Blog Hop co-hosted by 15andMeowing and Four-Legged Furballs. What fun this is every week – you should join us – just click the badge above and go to 15andMeowing and fill out the LINKY FORM -that’s all that is to it. Well of course you have to fill in the blanks in the sentences but YOU can do THAT!
This week I let Mom fill-in the blanks because the sentences seemed more “MOM THE HUMAN” than “TEDDY THE CAT” type sentences. Mom’s words are in DARK BLUE.
1. The best teacher I ever had was Miss Lamb – she was my first grade teacher and she gave all of us in her class a wonderful “start” with school. She was pretty, soft spoken, talented, and fun. I’ve NEVER forgotten her.
2. The worst teacher I ever had was my French Teacher when I was a Freshman in High School – he was very impatient, insulting, and gave us ridiculous homework assignments.
3. I recently learned how to ride a recumbent bike – it’s so much easier on my back and legs and all my other PARTS than riding an actual bike.
4. I think everyone should know how to cook – I personally love to cook but I know people who hate to and I wonder what will happen to them if their significant others decide to stop cooking for them OR if all fast food restaurants suddenly CLOSE UP FOR GOOD!!!
OK Mom – good job! I will say that I’m sure you’ve been glad in later years that you didn’t give up on learning French because when you and Dad were in Paris on your honeymoon as well as the second time you went there in later years, you REMEMBERED enough French to get you where you wanted to go and do the things you wanted to do! YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN SOMETHING YOU LEARNED WILL COME IN HANDY!
Now if you don’t mind, I think I’ll go stand by the front door until either YOU or Dad puts my harness on and takes me out for a walk. Pretty please??????
I’m a READY Teddy!
Time for Friday’s Filling In fun…………………I asked Mom if she’d like to fill the blanks in as a special treat. She said “sure”……….so the RED stuff in the sentences below will be HER words. This is such a fun exercise and we thank our cohosts of Friendly Fill-Ins for having such a great blog hop every week. Each of them contributes two sentences to the HOP………..and when we visit everyone who is in the Hop we get to learn new stuff about everyone. It’s a fun way to get to know everyone better!
Here are the four sentences for this week:
1. LOVE brings out the best in me.
2. Having surgery makes me grumpier than Grumpy Cat.
3. If money grew on trees, I would be incredibly rich – we live in a woods!!!!
4. I have a fear of snakes that is out of proportion to my “experiences” with snakes – I have RARELY seen one but I just can’t STAND them!.
Well Mom, guess what – I have never seen a snake but if you don’t like them then I don’t like them! I know when we are out in the yard on a walk and I’m playing in the leaves around the yard you worry when I get all FUZZED UP on ALERT with bushy tail, etc. and I stare at the leaves like something is moving there…….but you know I get like that when I see a bug or a leaf blows out of the pile so it doesn’t mean there’s a vicious snake there. I’m just ALERTING! I know it freaks you out though so I’ll try not to do that as much as I like to (hahaha).
C’mon Mom – let’s go for another walk……………………….let’s see what we can find out there together! HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!
Me and Mom’s foot…………
YAY! It’s Friday! Time for the fill-in-the-blanks Hop co-hosted by Four-Legged Furballs and 15andMeowing. We do have fun with this hop and from all appearances everyone ELSE who plays along does too. It’s also an easy hop. Just fill in the blanks – but first you need to JOIN US by clicking on the badge above and filling out the LINKY TOOL so we will know we need to visit you and see your fill-ins.
Here are the four sentences we have for this Friday. Two from each co-host. I decided to be the one to fill-in this week instead of getting Mom to “go for it” ! My fill-ins are in BLUE.
1. I am going to be super happy for my whole life with my Mom and Dad – they take such good care of me.
2. I want to be more outside than inside but Mom and Dad think I’m out ENOUGH!
3. Once in a blue moon, I catch a skink in my garage and I play with it until it goes to sleep forever (Mom uses the words Rainbow Bridge for Skinks instead of SLEEP!).
4. I have a large collection of toys that belonged to Angel Sammy and lots of my OWN toys but I am drawn to HIS!)
So there you have it – me filling in the blanks and me wishing all of you a happy Friday!
Hugs, Me and Mom too!
Time to do our “filling in” thing! This is a super fun Hop co-hosted by 15andMeowing and Four-Legged Furballs and it’s always TONS OF FUN to read what everyone says when they fill-in the blanks on the four sentences we are given.
Here are our sentences for this week and I got to fill them out ALL BY MYSELF this week. My own words are in RED !
1. I have faith in my Mom and Dad to know what’s the BEST for me (even though I don’t always pay attention to them!).
2. Yesterday, I hopped up on the bench down in the woods next to my Mom which I hardly EVER do – it was cool down there.
3. My favorite place to be is OUTSIDE.
4. If I was granted one wish, it would be totally impossible for me to choose just one thing to wish for so I’d give my wish away to someone who REALLY needed it.
There you have it. Teddy Kimmell, UP CLOSE AND PURRRSONAL on a Friday! Now if you’ll excuse me, I will do my usual morning routine and have a good old snooze-fest on the guest room bed.
HAPPY FRIDAY!! Hugs, Teddy
Hi Hoppers! Time to fill in the blanks. Every Friday our co-hosts, 15andmeowing and Four-Legged Furballs give us four sentences – two from each host – with blanks and we just fill them in. Easy huh? Fun too. If you want to join us – click the badge above and join us!
Mom and I kind of switched off on the fill-ins today. The ones I filled in are in GREEN and hers are in BLUE.
1. I tried tuna water once and I liked it. (but I turned up my nose at the tuna!)
2. Am I the only one who HATES to sew? (I can do hand-sewing but machines….FORGETABOUTIT)
3. Angel Sammy is my hero/heroine.
4. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be hard to pick just ONE but it would be between lobster, cheeseburgers, and strawberry-flavor SOLERO brand popsicles.
There you have it – Mom and I have filled in…………by the way, I got to lick her popsicle last night and it’s good – it’s weird because it’s so cold but it sure tastes yummy. Sammy used to love Mom’s pomegranate popsicles. Say Mom – do you suppose that having a popsicle almost every night for dessert is the reason why you can’t lose weight????
Just sayin’ ……….
Love ya Mom!!!!
Friendly Fill-Ins on Friday
Time to fill in the blanks! Another super fun HOP co-hosted by 15andMeowing AND Four-Legged Furballs. It’s easy and fun to fill in the blanks they give us in FOUR sentences every Friday. Mom and I take turns filling in or sometimes BOTH of us fill in! Either way, it’s fun to do and let us learn something about each other by visiting the others hooked into the HOP. You can join in by clicking the graphic above and filling in the LINKY FORM. Easy!
This week I thought the sentences might be easier for Mom to fill in rather than for ME to fill in so it’s ALL HERS today. Her fill-ins are in ORANGE (or is it ginger???)!
1. As a child, I feared NOTHNG but I would get “anxious” over things like my piano or dance recitals.
2. Friday the 13th is just another day for me – I’m not superstitious .
3. I think empathy is my best quality.
4. You can’t go wrong with ordering a hamburger when nothing else on a menu “leaps” out at you!!
Thanks Mom. I woulda said “cheeseburger” but “hamburger” is OK too. HAHAHAHA Before I go and beg Mom to take me outside for a walkabout I wanted to show you something VERY COOL that Mom and I won from The Cat On My Head’s recent giveaway of ten pairs of fabulous custom-designed kitty socks! We were lucky enough to be one of ten winners of a FREE pair of these socks. They were TOTALLY free including no charge for shipping and they are made by a company called OurSock. You can visit them HERE
You have a choice of uploading any photo for them to print on your custom socks………..well OF COURSE Mom put ME on her socks. They came very quickly too – we couldn’t WAIT to open the package up and here’s what we saw!
It’s ME – it’s ME! Mom loves these and not just because my face is on them – they are soft and much like compression hose (which my Mom wears anyway!)…………they stay up on her legs too which is sometimes a problem with socks. We are SO GRATEFUL to The Kitties Blue at The Cat On My Head
for being generous enough to draw names for ten winners of a pair of these fabulous socks. Mom calls them her “TEDDY SOCKS”………….
Happy Friday !
Happy Friday everybody! It’s time to fill in the blanks……….this fun blog hop is co-hosted by our friends at 15andMeowing AND Four-Legged Furballs and it’s a great time to get together and share information about ourselves or our humans! How do we do that? Well each of our hostesses give us TWO sentences and WE take over and fill in the blanks! It’s fun and if you wanna join in – click the badge above to go to 15andMeowing and fill in the LINKY FORM – EASY!
Here are this week’s sentences and Mom and I split them up this time around. I filled in #1 and #3 and Mom did #2 and #4! Mine are BLUE and hers are RED.
1. When it is hot, I like being under a shrub outside OR my dwarf maple tree in the cool dirt!.
2. I am looking forward to the END of this month. (note: July is the most miserable month possible here in Northern Virginia…..August won’t be much better but still not as bad as July!)
3. The theme song of my life would be “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” (except that this lion sleeps not just at night but most of the time….tee hee).
4. There is no such thing as too many friends or too much love.
OK Mom – we did it again this week! We make good fill-in partners don’t you think? I have to admit too that even though I love being outside in the heat, I do think July is rather miserable – it’s not just hot but it’s humid and I know that makes you uncomfortable when you take me outside. At least we have a lot of shade around in our yard AND there’s always the nice cool woods we can hide out in……
Down the woods trail to the bench……
I hope everyone stays cool today – we are hopeful that today we will at long last get some rain. All the plants are wanting it – Mom and Dad want it – and I have to admit, I want it – another of my favorite things is taking a walk in the rain!
It’s Friday! Time to Fill-In!
YAY! Friday means fill-in fun with our co-hosts, 15andMeowing and Four-Legged Furballs. If you click the badge above you can fill out the linky tool and join the rest of us as we fill-in the blanks in FOUR sentences – two from each of our co-hosts. It’s fun – we learn new stuff about each other every single Friday.
I thought I’d let Mom fill-in today……………..give her a little treat you know……….I don’t let her do this EVERY week – I wouldn’t want to spoil her!
Here are this week’s sentences and Mom’s fill-ins are in BLUE.
1. Fireworks are so darn loud and noisy – they scare Teddy and with all the trees around I’m always worried about fires.
2. My favorite 4th of July picnic food is hot dogs – always has been and probably always will be my favorite!
3. I begin every day with A prayer and coffee – not necessarily in that order!_________.
4. Homemade biscotti is the best thing since sliced bread.
OK Mom – you did well…………and I’m glad you worked ME into one of your answers. I really don’t like all that noise for sure. Angel Sammy told me that you and Dad used to do fireworks in your front yard and he didn’t like that much. You haven’t done that since I’ve been here and I hope you don’t start! Actually he said they were just fountains – nothing loud- just sparkly and colorful. That I wouldn’t mind too much……..so if you wanna have a few, I promise not to be a scaredy cat.
THANK YOU ELLEN AND LORIANNE FOR CO-HOSTING FILL-INS!
Hello everyone! Time for our regular Friday fun with our co-hosts, 15andMeowing and Four-Legged Furballs! Each week they give us two sentences each with some words missing and WE supply the words thereby sharing a little bit of info about ourselves. Cool huh? If you click the badge above it will take you to 15andmeowing and YOU can join in the fun with us – just fill out the LINKY form!
This week’s sentences are below and I’m going to fill them in ALL BY MYSELF this week………………..my fill-ins are in RED.
1. My favorite scent is rabbit – let me clarify – we have rabbits running around in our yard and while I’m not allowed to chase them, I do like to follow their scent and pretend I’m a great hunter!.
2. I hope to get plenty of naps this weekend. (note from Mom: Teddy gets plenty of naps every single day believe me!)
3. Mom’s whistle is music to my ears. (note from Mom: when Ted is out in the yard with his Dad and I come outside – I whistle and David drops the leash and Teddy comes running to me from wherever he is……I love it!)
4. Home is where I am SAFE.
I hope you enjoyed my fill-ins today! Mom usually does them but this week’s sentences seemed to be perfect for me to take a whack at myself. I always enjoy reading everyone else’s fill-ins and learning more about all of my friends.
P.S. Tomorrow on Bakin’ With Bacon I will be in FRANCE with a bacon recipe for you!
HAPPY FRIDAY! Time to do some filling in of sentences……one of our favorite Hopping activities around here. Each week we get two sentences from our co-hosts, Four-Legged Furballs and 15andMeowing and we put words in the blanks they leave in the sentences. What happens then? Well we learn something NEW about each other – that’s what! Want to join in? Please do – just click the badge above – it will take you to 15andMeowing and if you fill out the LINKY FORM you’ll be IN with the rest of us!
I am letting my Mom take over filling in today – when I read the first question I KNEW it was meant for a human instead of a “human-like-cat” which of course is ME! Mom’s words are in GREEN.
1. My favorite subject in school was Art – oh how I loved that class!
2. An extracurricular activity I participated in was NOTHING – that’s right – I didn’t do any extracurricular activities because there were none at my high school.
3. I want to learn some new stretching exercises – I’m thinking about taking yoga.
4. It takes courage to make ANY kind of a change in your life because we are all comfortable with the familiar but change can also be EXHILARATING!
There you have it – words of wisdom from my Mom. Well maybe “wisdom” isn’t the right word – maybe “words from an over-70 lady” is a better thing to say. GO MOM GO!
It was a sunny day today so I got to go outside several times on my harness. The only complaint I have is that Mom and Dad applied Holly Tone to some of their trees/shrubs in the yard and that stuff STINKS. That’s right – I said STINKS! I’m sure it will fade with time or the first rain but right now, it’s interfering with my usual pathway through the yard – I have to take detours around some of the landscaping. The worst thing is that I WAS NOT CONSULTED ABOUT THIS STINK-IFYING procedure before it took place!
I guess if that’s my biggest complaint, then I’m still a lucky guy right?