Happy Mother’s Day to All Moms Including the ROYAL MOM!!!!
We know it’s a DAY early but that’s as close as we could get to this pawsome day of the year when we celebrate MOMS. I thought this would be a perfect and yummy breakfast surprise to make the Mom in the house for Mother’s Day. It’s got everything. All it needs is a nice card and a bouquet of flowers to accompany it on the breakfast table when you surprise the Mom in your household with this delicious concoction!
MAPLE BACON WALNUT COFFEE CAKE (wow)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Combine the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into remaining flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, syrup and applesauce until well blended. Gradually stir into flour mixture until combined.
- Spread into a 13×9 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with reserved topping, then bacon and walnuts. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Now doesn’t that sound absolutely SCRUMMY? (I heard someone say that on a British mystery program the other day – short for scrumptious!).
Now don’t forget to give your Mom a hug tomorrow on “HER” day……..if your Mom is an Angel like my Mom’s Mom, send a hug up to her on angel wings – she knows you love her always but will appreciate the special thought on Mother’s Day of all days.