Hello Bacon Lovers! It’s ME – The King – NEXT Saturday is July 4th but I’m cooking up a 4th of July breakfast casserole with BACON today so you can have time to get the ingredients and make it for NEXT Saturday!
This is great for a crowd or a hungry family and maybe kind of fun to have a SPECIAL breakfast on July 4th (or any time). I just know you’re going to like it.
Charleston Breakfast Casserole
12 slices bacon
1/4 cup butter – melted
3 cups croutons (plain)
2 cups grated cheddar
1-3/4 cups milk
1 bell pepper (any color) – diced
1 tablespoon prepared mustard (any kind)
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown – drain, crumble and set aside
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
- Melt butter in the microwave or a small pan on the stove over low heat. Spray a 9×12 inch baking dish with vegetable spray – place croutons in the bottom of the dish and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with grated cheddar
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk to break up the yolks. Add milk, peppers, mustard, salt, and pepper and beat until well-combined. Pour mixture over croutons and cheese and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes – remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving
YES and I made an extra slice for YOU !
Doesn’t this just sound wonderful? Well it is. And really not a big deal to make either – most casseroles are just mixtures of yummy things tossed in together. That’s why they’re fun to make and why more people enjoy them. This one really is tasty.
Yep – there’s just something about that wonderful aroma…………………MMMMMMM!
Hope you have a Happy 4th of July and we will have ANOTHER July 4th recipe NEXT Saturday on THE BIG DAY.
Greetings From The Castle Kitchen!
Ready for a yummy breakfast treat for your Easter morning breakfast table (or bunch if you sleep in late….haha). This really isn’t a “unique” recipe – but it’s definitely good AND the other thing about it is you can add some of your other favorite things to it and it doesn’t hurt it a bit – makes it yummier. You’ll note that we added more salt and pepper than the recipe called for – that’s because the Royal Dad likes his food like that so the Royal Mom added more and she thought it was better too. Just use your own judgment.
Bacon, Hash Brown, Egg Crockpot Breakfast
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more – to taste – personally I used a bit more salt than recipe called for!)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (ditto above about salt…….more pepper – more taste)
Note: Someone who tried this recipe suggested putting salsa on top at serving – great idea for even MORE flavor!!!
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook overnight for eight hours on LOW. Some have suggested cooking on HIGH for first 30 minutes but I just did the LOW for eight hours (actually 8-1/2 since I actually made coffee and set the table before serving!!!!). Some people like their eggs SOFTER than others so it’s kind of up to you on timing. I even read where someone who likes super soft (loose) eggs cooked it four hours on low but I like my eggs DONE!
Doesn’t that sound good? Know what?
…… IT IS!!! ……
From Me, And The Royal Family – HAPPY EASTER!