Hello Bacon Lovers! It’s ME – The King – NEXT Saturday is July 4th but I’m cooking up a 4th of July breakfast casserole with BACON today so you can have time to get the ingredients and make it for NEXT Saturday!
This is great for a crowd or a hungry family and maybe kind of fun to have a SPECIAL breakfast on July 4th (or any time). I just know you’re going to like it.
Charleston Breakfast Casserole
12 slices bacon
1/4 cup butter – melted
3 cups croutons (plain)
2 cups grated cheddar
1-3/4 cups milk
1 bell pepper (any color) – diced
1 tablespoon prepared mustard (any kind)
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown – drain, crumble and set aside
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
- Melt butter in the microwave or a small pan on the stove over low heat. Spray a 9×12 inch baking dish with vegetable spray – place croutons in the bottom of the dish and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with grated cheddar
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk to break up the yolks. Add milk, peppers, mustard, salt, and pepper and beat until well-combined. Pour mixture over croutons and cheese and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes – remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving
YES and I made an extra slice for YOU !
Doesn’t this just sound wonderful? Well it is. And really not a big deal to make either – most casseroles are just mixtures of yummy things tossed in together. That’s why they’re fun to make and why more people enjoy them. This one really is tasty.
Yep – there’s just something about that wonderful aroma…………………MMMMMMM!
Hope you have a Happy 4th of July and we will have ANOTHER July 4th recipe NEXT Saturday on THE BIG DAY.