Greetings From The Castle Kitchen!
Ready for a yummy breakfast treat for your Easter morning breakfast table (or bunch if you sleep in late….haha). This really isn’t a “unique” recipe – but it’s definitely good AND the other thing about it is you can add some of your other favorite things to it and it doesn’t hurt it a bit – makes it yummier. You’ll note that we added more salt and pepper than the recipe called for – that’s because the Royal Dad likes his food like that so the Royal Mom added more and she thought it was better too. Just use your own judgment.
Bacon, Hash Brown, Egg Crockpot Breakfast
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more – to taste – personally I used a bit more salt than recipe called for!)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (ditto above about salt…….more pepper – more taste)
Note: Someone who tried this recipe suggested putting salsa on top at serving – great idea for even MORE flavor!!!
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook overnight for eight hours on LOW. Some have suggested cooking on HIGH for first 30 minutes but I just did the LOW for eight hours (actually 8-1/2 since I actually made coffee and set the table before serving!!!!). Some people like their eggs SOFTER than others so it’s kind of up to you on timing. I even read where someone who likes super soft (loose) eggs cooked it four hours on low but I like my eggs DONE!
Doesn’t that sound good? Know what?
…… IT IS!!! ……
From Me, And The Royal Family – HAPPY EASTER!