Turkey Leftovers? Yeah – why not?
What to do with all that turkey? Well here’s a really NICE (and different) way to use some of it! I found this recipe and we tried it here in the Castle and it had a FIVE out of FIVE STAR RATING! I think if WE liked it, maybe YOU would too?????? Nice and cool and refreshing and a great combination of the tastes some of us experienced with our Thanksgiving dinners but in a whole different way than the usual casserole most of us come up with.
Apple Cranberry Turkey Salad
- 3 cups cooked shredded turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced apple chunks
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh finely diced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dinner rolls
****I know this recipe has no bacon in it – but quite honestly – it just might be an interesting little ZIP to crumble up a few slices of cooked bacon in the mix!
- Combine everything together in a large bowl. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for a few hours so the flavors have time to blend.
- Serve the salad on the dinner rolls. Keep refrigerated.
No doubt about it!
In the coming weeks as we approach Christmas – I’ll be sharing some Christmas recipes most of which will have bacon in them – after all, the King of Bacon should try and feature bacon – am I right?