Friendly Fill-Ins

Standard

Hello and Happy Post-Christmas Friday!    We’re well on our way to the beginning of a brand new year too.   How weird does that sound – 2019 – good grief…..my Mom says just thinking about 2019 makes her feel OLD(er).

So no doubt you all know by now what Friendly Fill-Ins are all about right?   Each week our co-hosts, Four-Legged Furballs and 15andmeowing give us two sentences each with blanks and we just fill in the blanks!   Easy?   Yep – it is easy and it’s fun too.   If you click the badge above you can join in that fun – just fill out the LINKY FORM and you can join in with your fill-ins.

Here are this week’s sentences and Mom and I both did blanks this time.   My fill-ins are BLUE and hers are GREEN!

1. On New Year’s Eve, I hope the fireworks are ABSENT – I don’t like that noise!

2. A goal that I have for 2019 is exercise more, eat less, enjoy my life as much as possible.
3. If I had to choose a guide word for 2019, it would be PEACE – yes, even us animals hope for it.
4. New beginnings are important – I try to make every single morning a new beginning.
OK Mom – we did it!   We filled in for the LAST time in 2018!    We’re a good fill-in team aren’t we.    We are also glad our co-hosts have this great Friday activity because it’s lots of fun and lets us express ourselves to the WORLD (well – maybe not the whole world but everyone who follows this HOP!).
A big thank you to our friends Miss Ellen from 15andMeowing and Miss Lorianne from Four-Legged Furballs for hosting a fun “getting to know you” Hop every week.
AND Mom, Dad and I wish all of you a VERY VERY PAWSOME and Happy Year Year!

Love, Teddy

 

46 responses »

  1. 2019 does look extra weird… I think because it’s the last year of the decade and because for some reason it makes you realize how far PAST the year 2000 we are now (Part of the inspiration for my SCT today). Geez, I grew up in the 80’s and always thought it was going to be weird writing 1990-something… and now I have to write 2019 and soon 2020!?!? Where has all that time gone!?!?

    Like

    • It just gets weirder as the years pass by – trust me on that….I remember distinctly being upset that time moved so slowly when I was in my 20s and 30s and now it’s flashing by at break-neck speed and I don’t like it one bit! 2020 sounds totally strange to me – if my eye doctor mentioned it I’d be alright with it – 2020 is great vision after all – but in any other context it sounds like sci-fi!

      Pam

      Like

  2. No fireworks allowed here… thank you, Preserve. Finally, no annoying scare the you know what out of you fireworks. Peace is a good guide word. I am glad to have a chance at a new beginning every morning. Still no Iris. We did see an Ibis land in front of us at wine time yesterday. Maybe it was Iris and she was screamed out. She didn’t stick around. Windy, sunny, and 75 degrees warm here… we will take it! That whole exercising part, I try but I don’t do that very well. Good thing we park a couple miles from every ding dang place we shop or visit. Good Morning!

    Like

    • HAHAHA……David parks in the farthest corner of every parking lot there is – we walk and walk and walk which I don’t really mind unless it’s (a) snowing (b) windy or (c) rainy….worst of all is any combination of A,B,C but it doesn’t phase him. It’s our official exercise I suppose. Anyway, WHERE IN THE WORLD IS IRIS???? Perhaps she has a scream disorder? Perhaps her husband said “one more screech out of you Iris and I’m leaving you and moving in with Blanche who doesn’t scream all the time!!!” or something like that perhaps?????

      Hugs, Pam

      Like

  3. Thank you both for these wonderful fill-in answers. I am glad that fireworks are not a thing for New Year’s Eve around here, probably because it is usually too cold. Those are great goals for 2019 , I should do those things too. Have a nice weekend! XO

    Like

  4. Wonderful fill ins today!! It is raining buckets here today. 1″ possible. Nice tomorrow then
    60% chance of rain Monday so hopefully no fireworks and then we have 40% chance of rain thru Thursday. I think I’ll keep moving so moss doesn’t grow on me.
    Hugs Cecilia

    Like

    • We’re the same here Miss Cecilia – RAIN, rain and more RAIN and it’s just not fair – where’s that lovely Mr. Sun? We miss him (or her)…..wondering if all this WET means a beautiful Spring? It would be a nice reward for all this stuff wouldn’t it.

      Love, Teddy

      Like

  5. Hi Teddy! I hope you and your mum and dad had a lovely Christmas.
    We were away for a few days, and where we were staying the internet was almost non existent so I wasn’t able to come around and comment until today.

    Like

    • Hope you had a nice getaway! You have so many beautiful towns and villages to choose from for a little getaway and especially nice for Christmas! We had a GREAT Christmas and hope you and Mr. Ivor did too………

      Hugs, Teddy and Mom Pam

      Like

  6. It got so cold here today – we can’t imagine anyone wanting to be outside to watch noisy fireworks. It is going to be even colder on New Year’s Eve!!!

    Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    Like

  7. Teddy, we agree that peace is important for humans, felines and other animals. We wish you and your humans peace, blessings and joy in 2019.
    Purrs & Head Bonks,
    The Tribe of Five & The Female Human

    Like

  8. Teddy, you and your mom always answer the fill-ins so purrfectly! I really appreciate your mom’s take on new beginnings. She sure is wise!

    Like

I wanna know what YOU've got to say!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.