Welcome to the Castle! Where Bacon is the King (well……actually I’m the King but……)
Today I have a holiday cookie recipe for you which is totally crunchy and delicious – has a lot of yummy ingredients in it though so you just KNOW it has to be delicious when you make these. It’s got two of our Castle Baconia favorite things in it too – BACON and PECANS!
Bacon Lace Cookies
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy but not burnt and then crumbled to make about ⅓ cup of bacon crumbles, 1 T fat reserved
- 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup, ½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- heaping ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Place the oven racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Place the 1 tablespoon reserved bacon grease into a 2 quart saucepan. Add the butter, sugar, light corn syrup, cream and salt to the bacon fat. Turn the heat onto medium and let the mixture come to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the flour and vanilla and continue to stir constantly for about 1 minute, until the mixture is thickened and starting to pull away from the sides of the pot.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the bacon and pecans.
- Using a teaspoon measure, drop teaspoons of the batter 3 inches apart on the cookie sheets (I placed 6 to a sheet). These cookies will spread–truly use just a teaspoon of the batter.
- Bake the cookies until they are bubbling and a darker golden, about 6-8 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet about 4 minutes, until you can gently move them to a cooling rack.
- Store the cookies between paper towels–although this cookie does not taste greasy, much like bacon itself it benefits from resting on paper towels to absorb any excess oil from the nuts and bacon both. The paper towels will also prevent sticking.
Yes you CAN HAZ because I made extra!!
It makes us ALL happy right?????
I truly think these cookies will make you happy too. They are crunchy, crispy, and delectable with that bacon and sweet flavor together. The other thing you need to know about them is they are addictive. But then WHAT isn’t when it’s made with bacon? Right????
Until next Saturday, this is your King in the castle kitchen in Baconia, signing off! (well actually I’m napping off…..time for a snooze).
Love, Your King………….