Hello from The Castle Kitchen!
I’m here cookin’ up a storm after giving the Castle of Baconia’s CHEF the day off. I wonder what he does on his day off? Clean the moat? Take a spin in the countryside? Visit his girlfriend? Well, I’m just happy to leave my regular duties as the King of Baconia to bring you some YUMMY bacon recipes I’ve found here and there.
Today’s is probably the EASIEST one I’ve ever given you. You might even think it’s just too easy to be good – but you’d be wrong! It’s excellent. The fact of the matter is, you really COULD use any two cheeses you like in this recipe but I really think Swiss and Cheddar (my preference is sharp cheddar) are a wonderful combination that compliments each other.
So, as I said – there’s something extra special about an EASY to make but “different” sandwich so here’s one for you to try.
Bacon, Tomato and Two Cheeses Sandwich (makes 4)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion
- 8 cooked bacon strips (or more)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread over four bread slices. Layer with cheeses, tomato, onion and bacon. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle, or in a frying pan, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes on each side.
See? I wasn’t kidding was I – easy as can be.
Well it makes me happy too or I wouldn’t be King of Baconia right? Angel Sammy passed the crown on to me because HE also was happy about bacon. One of the PERFECT foods!
Have a super Saturday, I’m headed to my throne to rest!