Hi Peeps…..hope you had a super Sunday. We sure did…….I got to watch football with Mom (well, alright, SHE watched and I slept on her lap), and my parents did the LAST leaf-grinding thing for this year (whew!), and Mom began “Christmastizing” the house – inside and outside……but the tree isn’t up yet – that’s gonna happen one day this week.
So why am I “THANKFUL AGAIN” ??? Several reasons but let me start with my super big news……….the Cat Scouts made me Cat Scout of the Week this past week! That’s right – yours truly, Troop Leader of the Worldwide Wildcats in Cat Scouts was made Scout of the Week!
Needless to say, that was a major thrill. My Troop is pawsome too………the Wildcats are ahead on merit badges, pawticipation in activities, and points all around. We have a lot of fun. Tonight we’re gathering around the Campfire to tell stories and have snacks. We eat well – pretty soon we’ll all need bigger uniforms. 😀 😀 😀
Then, more “thankful” stuff is I was nominated for two awards – I already have both of them but I thought I should acknowledge that someone thought enough of me to nominate me for them ANYWAY! Right?
First I got the Sisterhood of World Bloggers award from the Purrfect Kitties. Thank you Tigerlino and Roxy!
I’m supposed to thank the one who nominated me (DONE), then post seven things about me and pass the award on to seven other blogs.
- You already know that I love bacon….but I also love butter – yep – butter – just a little taste…..but if you put melted butter on something I’ll eat it ! YUM.
- I once chased a fox out of my yard – either I was very brave or very dumb – the jury’s still out on that one!!
- I was a feral kitten when found under an abandoned house and taken to the shelter – nobody knows why I was all alone under the house but I was a tiny little kitten about 5 weeks old.
- The only treat I’ll eat is Temptation Tuna flavored treats. Other stuff makes me barf (usually).
- I can’t wait for the Christmas tree to go up because I LOVE the train that Dad sets up that goes round and round under it……I can sit and watch it forever!
- I’m extremely shy around everyone but my Mom and Dad. I’ve gotten a BIT better as I’ve gotten older because once in a while I’ll come out of my hiding spot and let people see me – otherwise nobody would know that my parents actually have a cat!
- I think blogging is fabulous…I’ve met SOOOO many wonderful humans and animals and I love keeping up with all of you!
The second award I got was from The Cat On My Head – thank you Kitties Blue!! It’s called the Versatile Blogger Award. I think I’ve received nominations for this award more than any other award in my years of blogging. I like the idea that someone thinks I’m Versatile even though I mostly talk about ME ME ME ME ME!
I’m supposed to thank the one who nominated me (DONE), then post seven things about me and pass the award on to fifteen other blogs.
- I snore when I sleep – LOUDLY – sometimes louder than my Dad!
- My eyes are gold unless I’m super happy then they’re green and if I’m MAD they’re dark brown…..Mom says I’m better than the old “mood rings” from the 60s and 70s! HAHAHAHA
- I get grumpy when my Mom spends too much time on the computer. I’ll stand in the doorway to her studio and yell and pout until she says “OK SAMMY – I’M COMING!!” (score one for the kitty)
- Many people don’t know that I have a Cafepress store with stuff for sale that has my fabulous photos on it…..there’s a link on my sidebar!
- I scoop water out of my water bowl with my paw to drink…..I have a thumb remember so my “fist” makes a purrrfect little cup for water! Slurp Slurp
- I cannot stand being in the car. Period.
- I love to play with the worms that come out of the ground in the Spring – when I find them on my sidewalk I stop and give them a poke and watch them……if they’re in a puddle that’s even better!
SO – I’m supposed to nominate a bunch of blogs for both of these awards but why don’t we just say that if you’d like to have the award – it’s yours with my blessing……if you already HAVE the awards like I do but want to “play along” and list some fun things about yourself – go for it.
As for tomorrow – you know it’s Tuesday Teaser time…………..it’s one my Mom’s photos………………not a Guest Teaser……………..so just make sure you’re here at the appointed “live” time of 6AM EST because I think there’s gonna be some competition between Easy and Doggy for “FIRST RIGHT GUESSER” and it’s gonna get vicious. Yep – I’m afraid so – so be here for a ringside seat. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 OR – there’s always a chance YOU might get here first and leave Doggy and Easy behind in the dust! HEY – ANYTHING GOES ON TUESDAYS RIGHT?????
KITTY HUGS, SAMMY
Pee Ess – I hope you like my “Christmas” look on the blog – I’ll have it through the month!