Greetings from beautiful Hawaii…………….I simply couldn’t resist adding Hawaii to my travel itinerary because I was sure there wasn’t anything quite like having breakfast with the sunrise on a beautiful beach here and I was right! I got a GREAT recipe for the occasion too and I think you’ll agree. Bacon and pineapple are great together and this is a nice way to “bring it all together” !
Before you ask me – no I didn’t have time to take a hula lesson…………..not that I didn’t have some offers from some beautiful ladies to give me a hula lesson of course but that’s a story for another day.
Now – on with the recipe! This feeds 12 people so unless you break it down save it for a group……………..no reason you couldn’t change the amounts though – this is just too good to pass up. It’s a “fix the night before” kind of recipe too if that works for you.
Hawaiian Bacon and Pineapple Breakfast Bake
Ingredients – note – this recipe serves 12
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 14 slices)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in cheeses, bacon, ham and pineapple. Gently stir in cubed rolls. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, sprinkling with onions halfway through baking. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Even though I didn’t learn to hula – a couple of rather FAMILIAR cats took lessons and one beautiful ginger girl who danced on the beach! WOO HOO!
Next week I think I will be HOME SWEET HOME…….this travelin’ guy misses his Mom (don’t tell anyone I said that!).
I sure would have had a sunburn if I’d been on the beach like this!!
Love, King Teddy of Baconia