GREETINGS BACON FANS!
Today I have a recipe I have already shared with you once BUT The ROYAL MOM remembered she had this recipe and made these again this past week and said I needed to run it by you all one more time. Why? Well, why not. These things are addictive and delicious and have bacon and chocolate which are two my The Royal Mom’s favorite things! Seriously – it’s a delicious little snack. Could be that we’ll just try to keep a batch of these HANDY for TV night!!
Bacon-Pecan Chocolate Truffles
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Place dark chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, heat butter and cream just to simmering. Pour over chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in bacon. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, 1-1/2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- For coating, place baking chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over baking chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in maple flavoring. Cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Shape dark chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip truffles in maple mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in pecans; place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
See what I mean? Remember this? This is the recipe that you can dump some bourbon in the mix if you like but The Royal Mom likes them this way best! Whatever The Royal Mom wants…..The Royal Mom gets (well……maybe not quite all the time!!).
HAPPY CATURDAY BACON BUDDIES!