Hello Bacon Lovers……..ever made a frittata before? Well, we’re making one today!
I saw this recipe and just knew the Royal Parents would like it…………..I was right…………….this recipe is for a lot of people but my OINKY and HUNGRY Royal Mom and Dad had a HALF recipe of this all to themselves. That’s what I said. Such a simple recipe but apparently so good my parents couldn’t control themselves.
Bacon and Corn Frittata
INGREDIENTS (This serves 16 – when I made it I cut recipe in HALF and it was great for TWO!) Yes we had seconds…..no we are not pigs – it was just delicious enough we wanted more)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 strips cooked bacon, chopped (of course I used 3 strips even though I cut the rest of the recipe tin half….haha)
- 1 (12-oz) bag frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded Fontina cheese, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Add cooked bacon and corn; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and sour cream in a large bowl; stir in ½ cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to pan. Pour egg mixture over bacon and corn mixture, shaking pan to evenly distribute. Cook 5 minutes, without stirring, or until edges of eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese over top and transfer pan to oven. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
I know! Surprising how yummy this sounds right?
Yep – that’s us here in Castle Baconia……although having bacon growing on trees would be nice!
Honored to bring you yet another fab recipe from
the CASTLE COLLECTION of bacon delights.
Enjoy! Your King
Happy Saturday from the Castle Baconia – I am your KING!
I always enjoy taking over the kitchen here on Saturdays from our usual royal Chef. He gets a day off and I get to share a bacon recipe with all of you…………..today’s is a yummy one too I’m sure you will agree.
Bacon and Chicken Pan-Fried Sandwiches
INGREDIENTS (for four sandwiches)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chives (chopped) – and this is optional too
1 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
8 slices smoked cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon until crispy
- Place the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, chives and chicken in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread both sides of the bread with butter (you will fry sandwiches butter side down of course!!)
- Put cheese slice on bread, add cheese and chicken mixture, top with another slice of cheese and bread. You have enough mixture for FOUR of these sandwiches!
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and cook the sandwiches in batches if necessary for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and the cheese is melted.
Oh do I have to tell you how divine this is? We love chicken around here and bacon too so how can you miss with this combo. Also, I know this is NOT a “diet option” but when my Mom made this she fried boneless chicken breasts for the chicken – of course we had more than the cup we needed for this recipe but she and my Dad love fried chicken sandwiches. Anyway I’m mentioning this because the crunch from the fried chicken and the crunchy bacon were a GREAT combination for those who love that CRUNCH! Mom didn’t shred the chicken TOO much either – left it kind of chunky. Make these sandwiches however YOU want to – just use the ingredients we gave you and you can’t go wrong!!
So are you interested in making this one? I hope so……….it really is easy as you can see and maybe a combination of things you wouldn’t have thought of……….but DEFINITELY delicious!
See? Even doctors recommend bacon!
Have a Royal and Bacon-filled Weekend!!!!
Greetings loyal subjects of the land of Baconia – where BACON RULES (and so do I!)
I’ve got another ridiculously easy recipe for you this week………….probably too easy in some ways. I think some of you like a challenge – lots of ingredients and steps and this has neither. It’s just a very tasty bacon/apple muffin that is GREAT for breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day you know so it needs to be GOOD. THESE ARE GOOD.
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup finely chopped apple (doesn’t matter what kind of apple)
- 1/2 cup diced bacon
Spray muffin cups with nonstick baking spray or cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light. Beat in the eggs until well blended.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; stir or whisk to blend thoroughly.
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Stir just until blended. Fold in the apple and bacon until blended.
Immediately spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the cups about three-quarters full.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until lightly browned.
Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 to 15 muffins.
See? Easy Peasy……..and before you ask me – of course you can put more bacon in and for that matter more apple if you want. More apple will make your muffins a little more moist but so what.
Bacon does make everything better – that’s why we are all so glad to live in the land of Baconia where bacon is abundant and Moms are hypnotized into making things WITH bacon so there’s more of a chance WE can have some!
See you next Saturday for another baconized recipe!
Teddy, KING OF BACONIA