Greetings Fellow Baconians! Here I am – your King – working away in the kitchen to bring you another fabulous recipe and taste treat!
I think the best thing about this dish is that it’s a crockpot recipe and it cooks all day while the cook of the house (or castle) can play or shop or sleep and not be fussing around in the kitchen to make something truly delicious for dinner. In fact, this is something that really doesn’t even need to have MEAT to go along with it. Doesn’t have to be a side dish can be a main course – just serve a little green salad with it and VOILA – DINNER’S DONE!
Crockpot Bacon and Cheese Potatoes
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (I prefer EXTRA SHARP cheddar but any cheddar will do!)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional) (it’s more of a garnish really since there are onions in the recipe so feel free to skip this OPTIONAL item!)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste and dot with butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
YES – along with potatoes and some other stuff!
Bottom line is this is a delicious recipe – if it wasn’t, would your KING bother passing it on to you? I THINK NOT!!!! So give it a whirl.
I would recognize that “glazed look” in the eyes from the aroma of bacon anywhere!
So until next Saturday when I crack open the Royal Recipe Book to share another baconized treasure, have a good week – and PLENTY OF BACON!