Today’s the day you silly goose
That we Baconians celebrate Dr. Seuss!
Green eggs and ham would be a good start…..
Here’s what you’d need in your grocery cart!
First of all we are hooking up to a bunch of blogs that are celebrating Dr. Seuss Day! Who knows what kind of fun they’re having – just like we’re having fun in honor of “THE MAN” we all love too. Dr. Seuss – this blog today is in your honor. If you click the badge below you’ll be able to see links to everyone pawticipating in the HOP today!
Happy Dr. Seuss Day everyone………………..we’re celebrating today with one of the traditional foodables from the Dr. Seuss books………….. We are using BACON (of course) instead of actual ham but then it all comes from the same place right?
Green Eggs and Ham – a la Seuss!!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices of bacon cooked until NOT YET CRISPY – needs to be “bendable”
- about 3 tsp of pesto per egg
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease muffin tins. Put bacon in each tin forming ring around inside of cup. Crack egg in – put in all of the yolk and about 1/2 the white for runny yolks or all of the white if you don’t care for runny yolks.
- Put 1 tsp pesto on each egg
- Bake 7-8 minutes until white is set and yolks are runny OR longer if you prefer non-runny yolks.
- Add a bit more pesto when you serve!
There are of course all kinds of ways you can change this recipe around and still be honoring Dr. Seuss with some green eggs and ham – some people use spinach in the recipe – pesto is another way to add the green………it’s up to you – remember my “Baconian Chef Philosophy” – recipes are GUIDELINES – you can “wing it” and come out with something even better if you want!
I thought you might like to see what I’m wearing to the Cat Scouts Dr. Seuss party later today – What? You didn’t know I was a Cat Scout in addition to being King of Baconia? Oh yes I am. My brother Angel Sammy was a Scout and I’m following in his pawtracks. Maybe you’d like to join up? If you’re a cat, we’d love to have you. Just go to CATSCOUTS.COM and register!
The Cat In The Hat (or Chefs Hat??!!)
Have a happy Dr. Seuss Day……………and try some green eggs and ham won’t you?