Happy Saturday Bacon Lovers! Here I am in the Castle Baconia kitchen sharing a recipe with you!!
You know I’m always trying to find something totally yummy that involves bacon for you to try. Well I searched high and low and found this which I think you will enjoy. It’s just a little bit different because the “shell” of this dinner pie is MEAT – not pastry! Ready?
“Meat Shell Bacon Potato Pie”
- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (no surprise here but I used SIX strips of bacon – – – -!!! The more the merrier I say)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- Combine potatoes and remaining soup in a bowl; mix until fluffy. Spread over meat crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes. Cut into wedges.
See? Different but really no unusual ingredients – just put together in a different way using the ground beef as a “pie shell”. This is really tasty. Trust me!
Put the ingredients on your shopping list – I promise you and your family will LOVE it!
It’s good to be King…..!!!!
Happy Bacon Recipe Day!
Welcome to Castle Baconia where I – your King – will share yet another fantabulous (yes that’s a word) recipe with you – something that’s not tough to make but maybe something you haven’t THOUGHT about making before – a PIZZA!
Yep – who doesn’t like pizza? The Royal Mom and Dad here sometimes have problems with tomato sauce (burp….oops) and so this one is JUST for them. Besides, Mom loves spinach and alfredo so you can’t go wrong when you also add bacon right?
BACON ALFREDO PIZZA
1 package refrigerated classic crust pizza dough (I use Pillsburys but there are a LOT of them out there!)
1/3 cup Alfredo pasta sauce
4 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves (slightly packed)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon (or more – I used 3/4 cup and probably could have used MORE than that!!!!!)
A note for those who can’t eat bacon or “shouldn’t” eat it – this recipe is VERY tasty without bacon in it…….just thought you’d like to know that!!
Heat oven to 400°F for nonstick sheet pan (425°F for all other pan types). Place oven rack in low position. Unroll dough with oven-safe parchment paper onto ungreased large cookie sheet (dough bakes on paper). Nonstick parchment paper will brown during baking.
Spread Alfredo sauce evenly over dough. Top with green onion whites and garlic. Top sauce with spinach, cheese and bacon.
Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until bottom of crust is golden brown. Top with green onion greens.
Don’t forget this about Santa – and just for the record – CHRISTMAS IS JUST OVER THREE MONTHS AWAY!!!!!! Better start stocking up on your bacon supply!
Oh it’s good to be King – and it’s good to share some bacon fun on Saturdays! Now if you’ll excuse me – I believe it’s time for the Royal Nap…………..
NAP TIME FOR THE KING!