HUH??????? Quite a title for today’s bloggy eh? Wonder what TOCKS are? Well it’s “cat talk” for buttocks – that’s what it is. I’ll discuss that later (wink) but first things first. Yesterday’s Teaser…….you probably already know by now that it was not at ALL a toughie for a whole lot of you. Nope – sure wasn’t – where was it and who sent it in as my “Guest Teaser”??? Well, firstly, here are the photos one more time:
This is the incredibly beautiful Royal Castle in Warsaw, Poland AND it was sent to us by my super good friend Kjelle Bus otherwise known as “Charlie” and his Mom Camilla. Interested in some more facts and maybe a couple more pictures? Charlie and his Mom sent this info:
The name of the castle is simply The Royal Castle of Warszaw – in polish that is Zamek Królewski 🙂
- The castle is a Baroque Castle – it is known as The Royal Castle of Warszaw – in polish it’s Zamek Krolewski
- During it´s multi-hundred year history of the castle , it has many times been damaged and plundered by various armies.
- The castle was the official residence to the Polish Monarch between 1596 – 1795
- Between 1926 and World War 2 it was the Presidents residence
- It was totally destroyed during world War 2 , The castle was partially destroyed by German bombs during the invasion of Poland, and was heavily damaged by the Germans during the Warsaw Uprising. What was left was blown up by German engineers in September 1944.
- In 1971 they decided that the castle should be rebuilt and it was finished 1988.
- The Construction work was funded entirely by public collections both in Poland and among Poles abroad. In total, nearly two billion zloty was collected.
- There is over 50.000 visitors each year.
- Both the castle and the Old Town is on UNESCOs World Heritage list
And here are a couple more photos they sent along too!
Beautiful isn’t it? So thank you Charlie and Miss Camilla for being my Guest Teasers……………….now you ALSO probably saw who guessed correctly first – our KING OF TEASERS was at it again – Easy was the “First Right Guesser” !
But there were a LOT of you who guessed correctly – I repeat – a LOT of you – so all of you have the right to display this on your bloggy should you wish to do so!!
Thanks so much everybody for playing along with me on our little Tuesday “WORLD TOURS” – I get a lot of fun out of them just like you do believe me. AND – next week we have ANOTHER Guest Teaser……how cool is that?! Who knows – maybe Easy will be out of town for the day…..HAHAHAHAHA
Now on to the “TOCKS” part of today’s blog. I am a new member of the Tabby Cat Club. One of the members named Derby is hosting an event the month of October on the Tabby Cat Club site to show off photos of members rear ends – yep – that’s right – I said “BUTTOCKS” ! Well, my Mom has taken about a bazillion photos of me over the 13 years I’ve been I charge of this household but would you believe not ONE really good tock shot exists among them. AND, I’m less than cooperative about having Mom wave that flashy box around particularly trying to catch me in an “embarrassing” position. HOWEVER, there was one marginal tock shot among the pile – just one – and while it’s poor when you consider what some of the OTHER photos on the TCC site show (woo woo), this is MY contribution to the TOCK parade!
You can hardly SEE my tocks but it’s there – in fact my Dad calls me “wide load” sometimes which I find rather mean considering Mom calls HIM that from time to time! Anyway, here’s the cute little TockTober badge from the Tabby Cat Club and I linked my charming tock shot to the TCC – who knows – maybe they’ll be desperate enough to show it even though it’s a little SHORT on the tock-age side!
PLEASE REMEMBER FOLKS THAT TODAY IS THE 23RD AND YOUR SAM-O-WEEN COSTUME PHOTOS MUST BE IN TO ME
BY OCTOBER 28th!!
HAPPY TEASER TELL ALL AND TOCKS DAY………………….Hee Hee
Your Pal Sammy 😀 😀