Good Morning Baconians! Welcome to the Castle Kitchen!
Who doesn’t like pizza? Nobody that’s who…………..so with that in mind I thought I’d give you an easy to make breakfast pizza recipe which of course includes our favorite food – BACON. I added some additional yummy things like spinach and cherry tomatoes and while they make this EXTRA good, you really could just make this without them OR even make this with your OWN additional items – you can’t go wrong with this – add your favorite things (my favorite thing is bacon of course!)
Breakfast Bacon, Egg, Spinach/Tomato PIZZAS
Ingredients: This makes FOUR pizzas
- 1 cup (5 oz) all purpose or white whole wheat flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular), drained if theres any liquid (a note: Greek yogurt is best but you CAN use any plain non-fat yogurt!)
- handful spinach
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 strips cooked bacon, chopped (YES of course you can use more bacon if you like……!!)
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Place a silicone liner on a large baking sheet or spray with oil if using parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 20 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide into 4 equal balls about 3-3/8 oz each.
- Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with a little flour roll the dough out into thin ovals 7 to 8 inches in diameter and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with spinach, mozzarella and tomatoes, leaving the center open for the egg. Gently break an egg the center of each dough and finish with bacon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden and the egg is set. Season with salt and pepper.
Now doesn’t that sound simply DELICIOUS? Pretty easy to make and oh so good. Why not whip up a batch of breakfast pizza for Mom tomorrow on Mother’s Day? What a treat THAT would be!
YES and plenty of it!!!
I know which I’d choose – how about you????????
HAPPY SATURDAY FROM THE CASTLE