Hello! Two posts from me in one day? Well, stranger things have happened! I wanted to pawticipate in my Cousin Bacon and Fozziemum’s “Shopping Around The World” blog hop because I do think it’s interesting to see how DIFFERENT prices of the same stuff can be in different parts of the world.
For my part, this is what the shopping list (popcorn, beer/wine, chocolates/ice cream and random item of my choice) came to when Mom checked the items out in our stores here in Warrenton, Virginia!
1. POPCORN – my Mom and Dad don’t have it that often but when they do, it’s microwave popcorn…..I like to steal a piece of it from Mom’s bowl and push it all over the living room until it starts falling apart. I don’t EAT it – I just play with it!
Good old Orville Redenbacher………………….a three-pack for $3.49
2. BEER/WINE – well of course I don’t “indulge” but my Mom and Dad have been known to have a brewski (Dad) or glass of wine (Mom) once in a while. My Dad is the KING OF BREWSKIS though and his favorite is often on sale so Mom gets it for him as a treat (I prefer kitty treats myself)! My Dad had Warsteiner for the first time when he and Mom were on a river cruise in Germany…….it was on tap on the boat – the bottled stuff is good but not QUITE as good as on tap!
Dad’s Favorite – Six-pack $8.99
3. CHOCOLATES – oh dearie me – now this is one of those things that sends my Mom into orbit because she is a self-professed chocoholic. She loves the stuff……maybe more than she should. Santa Paws brings her a BIG box of Godiva chocolates every year (or else Mom will write him a nasty letter). If not Godiva, she likes Ghirardelli!
Watch out candy aisle……my Mom coming through!!!! $2.69 for 3.50 oz. bar
4. ICE CREAM – this is another thing that we don’t often have in our house. WHAT???? NO ICE CREAM???? I know…sinful isn’t it? And I’m sure “the kitty/me” would enjoy a lick or two or three of ice cream once in a while but do we have it here? Rarely! If we DO, it’s gotta be Breyers Cherry Vanilla though!
5. RANDOM ITEM – our “random” is one of those things Mom keeps two or three of in our basement freezer for those nights when she just plain does NOT feel like making dinner. Where would the world be without frozen pizza? I don’t know and I don’t WANNA know! Thanks DiGiorno for feeding my parents from time to time!
$5.99 (say…….if this is the same price as the ice cream – I vote for the ICE CREAM instead of the PIZZA!!!!!)
So that’s my shopping list for this time around………………..
Sam (who prefers yogurt)