Happy Friday – it’s a great day for filling in the blanks don’t you think? Even after we had SNOW all day yesterday I’m still in a Friday mood and ready to complete some sentences. Only this week I’m letting Mom do ALL the filling in while I rest. It’s exhausting being me (hahahaha).
Take it away Mom!
1. I can’t wait to have a day with family and great food on Thanksgiving.
2. I am thankful for being alive.
3. When it comes to pie, I’m a major pumpkin pie girl – but I’ll happily settle for pecan!.
4. A feast is not a feast without friends or family (or both), laughter, and good food.
Thanks Mom – good job. I know you will be gone Thanksgiving Day but that means I will be able to SLEEP all day anywhere in the house I want to. Just as long as you bring back a “Teddy Bag” with some goodies for me I’ll be just fine. Now all we have to do is hope that it’s not snowy next week like it is here today! This is the earliest snow we’ve had in MANY years. Hopefully it’s not a HINT of things to come!!!
I’m working on my Christmas Wish List – are you?
Time for Filling In!!!!
This is a truly FUN Blog Hop which is currently being hosted by our pals 15andMeowing and Four Legged Furballs. Each of our hosts gives us two sentences with blanks and all we have fun filling those blanks in however we want to – I for one let my Mom fill them in sometimes instead of ME…….I’m generous like that! If you’d like to join in, please do – just click the badge above, go to 15andMeowing and fill in the LINKY form – that’s all there is to it. Then visit all the other Hoppers and see their fill-ins.
I’m going to fill the blanks in MYSELF today. It’s my turn – I can’t let Mom always have all the fun right? My own words are in BLUE.
1. It is wonderful having a forever home – I wish all animals did.
2. The best part of last week was when Mom and Dad came home after just one night away from me – when they leave I’m never sure when they will be back!.
3. Every summer, I beg and plead to be able to spend more time outside – even though I’m on a harness I LOVE being out there closer to squirrels and birds.
4. Once upon a time, I was a little 11 month old kitten who was living in an animal shelter and now I’m the King of my very own castle!.
There you have it – my filling in for Friday. Hope you will join in the fun. Have a great day………………I know I am – my Mom promised to take me for lots of walks today because it’s the last day of SUNSHINE we’ll have for a while……..more rain coming…………
Time to do our weekly “FILL IN THE BLANK” Blog Hop with our co-hosts Ellen of 15andMeowing and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader. So much fun to share little bits of odds and ends about ourselves with everyone in the Hop. Want to have some fun WITH us? Good – click the badge above, fill out the Linky Tool and be ready for comments to come from those who have found out a little more about you.
This week Mom is doing the filling in and she chose GREEN for her words………..GO MOM GO!
1. I am the middle child in my family.
2. I have two siblings.
3. I am looking forward to seeing my perennial garden blossoming (assuming Spring ever gets here of course!) this Spring.
4. The first sign of Spring this year was seeing it on my calendar – just because it SAID it was Spring though didn’t mean we could SEE it because we had snow yesterday!!!.
Well Mom and I are wondering if we will ever really have Spring. The snow we had yesterday is melting BUT snow is in our weekend forecast yet again. We kind of think Spring got lost somewhere – like in the Bahamas or maybe Bermuda or SOMEWHERE but it sure isn’t HERE yet!
Happy Friday from ME and Mom!
Hello Everyone! Time to Fill-In!
Friday’s favorite activity is the Friendly Fill-Ins Blog Hop which is co-hosted by 15andmeowing and McGuffys’ Reader! Are you a HOPPER with us? If not, why not join in? You can click on the badge above which will take you to McGuffy’s and you can use the LINKY tool to enter your blog link and VOILA – you’re hopping along with us!
Each week each blog gives us two sentences with blanks to fill – it’s FUN hopping around and seeing what everyone else has said. This week Mom said I can give it a whirl and try to answer them ALL BY MYSELF! Usually SHE does it…………let’s see how I do. My “fill-ins” are in RED.
1. September bucket list: 1. Jump in the leaf piles Mom and Dad rake up! 2. Snoopervise Mom’s Fall mum planting – she digs the nicest holes for me!
2. If I came with a warning label, it would say “Beware of this cat’s love of eating crickets, chasing lizards, and thinking skunks are pretty kitty cats”
3. Truth be told, I am so happy my Mom and Dad adopted me – I am truly “living the life” !! Angel Sammy was right – this place ROCKS!.
4. I would rather eat dry food than wet food even though Mom WANTS me to eat wet stuff
There Mom! How did I do? Do I get an “A” for my fill-ins? I hope so…………..I sure tried not to embarrass myself or you and Dad!
Yesterday we received a couple of cool badges from Ann at Zoolatry – you may have seen them too but just in case, here they are. One is a reminder of a COOLIO day that we celebrate every year – PIRATE DAY – and the other is a reminder that all those in the path of the powerful hurricane Irma need our prayers and any help we can give them…………
We hope and pray everyone in the path of this storm will be SAFE!
This will be my very first TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY……..I can’t wait!
How did that sound? Did I sound scary and “pirate-like”?
My Angel brother Sammy………………he made a swell pirate didn’t he?
P.S. Today is my Mom and Dad’s 27th anniversary…….Concatulations Mom and Dad!
Time To Fill In Sentences!!
This fun Blog Hop is co-hosted every Friday by 15andmeowing AND Mcguffys Reader…………..and the badge above goes DIRECTLY to McGuffys if you would like to join the Hop! Just use the LINKY TOOL and you’re in. It’s fun!
I guess Mom will have to fill in sentences AGAIN this week – mostly the sentences need to be filled in by humans because they are more “human-oriented” sentences! Does that make sense? Anyway, it’s nice to give OLD MOM a chance to shine since all the other days of the week I’m “the star” of the show!
Here are this week’s four sentences and Mom’s fill-ins are in GREEN.
1. My favorite fictional character is believe it or not – ALICE (in the looking glass) – that entire story has ALWAYS been one of my favorites – so incredibly crazy from start to finish and Alice may have not liked PARTS of her adventure but I think I’d enjoy the whole thing if I was Alice!!.
2. A new tv show or film I am looking forward to this Fall is –I’m not a big movie buff but my husband and I are BIG FANS of a lot of British mysteries and they will all have new seasons premiering on TV which we will definitely be excited about!
3. One of my very favourite books is an old Stephen King novel – “The Stand”……I’ve read it about ten times – maybe once a year or something like that……I just find it FASCINATING.
4. The best time to take a nap is when you have a cat or dog to snuggle with while you snooze!
Thanks Mom – good job……..will you pretty please read Alice Through the Looking Glass to me? I love bunnies – the neighbors have a bunch of them in their garden…….!
I guess that’s about it for me – I’ve got Mom to fill-in sentences for me and yesterday I got tired climbing up and down the BIG PILE of firewood Dad had delivered – Mom said I climbed up like a little mountain goat (is that a good thing??? I don’t know what one of those is!!!!). It was fun but I got tired so I’m still recovering. I’ll do my share of snoozing out in the garage while Mom and Dad clean the house…….they don’t need me for THAT!
Happy Fill-In Friday
Did you call me Mom?????
Love and Hugs, Teddy
Fill-In The Sentence Day!
It’s Friday which means we are joining the co-hosted Friendly Fill-Ins! McGuffy’s Reader and 15 and Meowing have Friday reserved for this FUN sentence fill-in game we play. They each contribute TWO sentences with blanks and we fill ’em up! Would you like to play along? Just click the badge and go to McGuffy’s – use the linky tool and join in the fun!
Today’s sentences are filled in by my Mom………..her fill-ins are in GREEN!
1. Blind dates sometimes work! My hubby was a blind date and just look at us now 27 years later!.
2. Fifty years ago, I got my first cat – when I moved into my first apartment and I’ve had cats ever since.
3. I admire people who will TRY something before saying “I can’t do that” because it’s a GREAT way to learn something NEW.
4. Reading makes me think about things I probably would never have thought about before.
Thanks Mom! You did brilliantly………better than me………….I don’t know what a blind date is for one thing!!!!
Now if you’re all finished Mom, let’s turn off the computer and NAP!
Let’s Fill-In….Shall We?
Friday is “filling in” blog hop day. It’s a fun Hop co-hosted by McGuffy’s Reader AND 15andMeowing. If you click the badge above you will be whisked away to McGuffy’s where you can use Annie’s LINKY tool and join up to play along with us!
I let my Mom do this week’s filling in……………..just kind of seemed like SHE’D have an easier time with these particular sentences than I would so LET ‘ER RIP MOMMY! Her fill-in words are in BABY BLUE………..
1. Meetings used to drive me crazy when I worked – people would be late, people wouldn’t show up, people would sit like lumps and not contribute – I do NOT miss meetings now that I’m retired!
2. Rules should be treated like “guidelines” – not necessarily cast in stone – sometimes there’s a BETTER way than the rule dictates!.
3. The best time to take a vacation is in the Fall – we have ALWAYS taken vacations in the Fall, after school starts and there are no crowds ANYWHERE!.
4. I have learned that there are no guarantees in life – don’t take a thing for granted – ever.
Gosh Mom – so serious! Maybe I should tell a joke now so everyone can SMILE again…………..hahahaha……………just kidding. Thank you for being the filler-inner this week! Hope everyone has a HAPPY FRIDAY…………….remember how Sammy used to complain about Friday being “cleaning day” here at the house? Well, it still is, but unlike Sammy I don’t run and hide – I WATCH. I find it fascinating to see my Mom and Dad in this big flurry of activity straightening, vacuuming, dusting, and the best part about it? When they’re finished I can drag all my toys back out of my box and make a big mess and watch them all over again! Tee Hee………….
Hurry up Mom…………I’m waiting for you to finish so I can take a nap in my torn up old red cube!!
Love, Teddy (aka Butter Bean)*
*Butter Bean is my new nickname thanks to my Dad. When I went to the vet for follow-up blood work I found out I now weigh 15.30 lbs. That’s up a whole pound since June. My vet says I’m NOT FAT – I’m “big boned”………my vet is my best buddy now!
It’s time to do some “filling in” on the Friendly Fill-Ins Hop
This is a fun hop co-hosted by McGuffy’s Reader and 15andMeowing and we join up every Friday to share fun facts about ourselves or our humans………it’s fun! You should try it – and if you’d like to just click on the badge below and use the Linky tool there to “hook up” and do some filling in with us.
This week’s sentences are below and my Mom’s fill-ins are in RED (yes I thought I’d give her a break and let HER fill-in today – aren’t I just plain SWEET????).
1. As a child, my favorite playground activity was swinging on the swings – I loved it – it was like flying.
2. For breakfast, I have my own homemade biscotti and coffee.
3. An instrument I would like to play is the piano – I took lessons for three years when I was little but lost interest – I sometimes still dream that I’m in a recital and am very nervous.
4. I always try to smile, because smiles are infectious – when someone sees MY smile – they almost ALWAYS smile back.
OK Mom thanks a bunch. When I saw the sentences I knew I wouldn’t be able to answer them – especially since I never played on a playground as a child !! Tee Hee
Tomorrow is going to be another Bacon Caturday……….will you be here to enjoy some bacon fun with me? I hope so – you’re welcome to stop by you know. Everyone is invited.
In the past week I have been one lucky little guy – why? Well because I’ve won TWO totally cool things from other blogs I follow! One totally cool thing was a Drinkwell Fountain from my buddies at The Island Cats!
The other cool thing is a book about cats which I won from Cat Chat with Caren and Cody………….Am I lucky or what?
Thank You Both! I am so excited!!!!!!
Filling In Sentences on Cinco De Mayo!!
We are happy to join the Blog Hop every Friday known as Friendly Fill-Ins which is co-hosted by 15andMeowing and McGuffy’s Reader. It’s a favorite Hop of ours and if you would like to join in the fun and fill in some sentences they have challenged us with, please do! Just click on the below badge to visit McGuffy’s Reader and use the LINKY tool and you’re IN!
This week’s sentences are below and Angel Sammy and I are feeling generous again today and thought we’d let GOOD OLD MOM fill in the blanks…………she needs something to do to keep her out of trouble (hahaha). Mom’s fill-ins are in RED!
1. We still have a landline.
2.My most treasured piece of jewelry is actually SEVERAL pieces of jewelry: My Mom’s wedding ring, my grandmother’s pearl earrings, and my OWN wedding ring that my husband David gave me.
3. This year, I have learned that the old saying “you’re not getting older, you’re getting better” is VERY VERY TRUE! I’m loving life more now than ever before.
4. I would like to take a vacation ANYWHERE before this year is over.
VOILA! Thanks Mom……….you did well………now what do you say we have a bit of a party for Cinco de Mayo??? There has been a lot of sadness with partings lately so we think a bit of a PAR-TAY might cheer everyone including us up!
Senor Angel Sammy
Don’t you just love Senor Sammy’s hat? It’s a crazy hat he wore at a Cat Scouts Cinco De Mayo party when they had a “sombrero decorating contest”……pretty wacky huh? On the other hand I look ADORABLE right? Although not many one year old kittens have a moustache I suppose!
We could do a Mexican hat dance !!!!
We can smack a piñata with a stick and see what treasure pop out of it!
We can also enjoy some of the wonderful foodables that are traditional – here are some breakfast things AND some lunch/dinner things so take your pick – eat and drink to your hearts content then you can say you “DID” Cinco de Mayo with us today!!!
What a PAR-TAY! Thanks for coming by…………….it wouldn’t have been the same without you……………….!
Senor Sam and Senor Teddy
Hello! Happy Friday!
Today we’re filling in sentences thanks to the jointly hosted Friendly Fill-ins by 15andmeowing and McGuffysReader ! You can click on the link for McGuffy’s Reade if you’d like to join up with this blog hop – it’s tons of fun and a good way to meet new bloggers AND tell everyone about YOU!
Here are today’s sentences……………! My fill-ins are in BLUE and Mom’s are in RED. We each filled in TWO sentences this time!
1. My guiding word for 2017 is ANGELS.
2. I’ve never been to a high school class reunion.
3. Truth be told I am superstitious about wearing GREEN on St. Pat’s Day – Mom used to put a green collar on me!. (*Yes we could have said superstitious about Friday the 13th but I’ve NEVER been that way although many are!!
4.Lately, I have been very cognizant of the fact that now that I’m older time is FLYING by whereas when I was young, time went on and on forever (it seemed!).
SO, that’s it for Filling in today……………………remember to join in the HOP if you want to share your sentence fill-ins……………and even if you don’t, go visit McGuffy’s Reader to see everyone else’s fill-ins. I guarantee it’s fun!
Mom and Dad are supposed to get SNOW tomorrow…….and maybe even a bit of ice. I might get a day pass from the Bridge to spend with them because they won’t be able to go anywhere if it snows and I can keep them company!
NO SNOW HERE!!!! Tee Hee
See you tomorrow for BACON CATURDAY…………