Fill ‘er up!!!
Today is Friendly Fill-Ins which is co-hosted by Ellen at 15andmeowing and Ann of McGuffy’sReader. Thank you ladies for this fun blog hop. Today I’m letting my Mom answer because – well –
Here are the sentences for this week and Mom’s answers are in RED just BECAUSE it’s bright! If you would like to pawticipate in filling in sentences, just visit McGuffy’s Reader and add your blog to the LINKY TOOL and that’s ALL you need to do!!! Oh yeah and fill in the sentences too – that’s important.
1.The highlight of my Christmas was having Christmas Dinner with our neighbors…..being around them helped us be a bit less sad over our first Christmas without Sammy.
2 .My New Year’s resolution is adopting another cat (or maybe two?) from the same shelter where we got Sammy AND to try and lose some weight.
3.This year, 2016, has truly been tough – a lot of losses in the pet blogosphere and strangely I feel like I’ve aged a LOT more than just one year’s worth!.
4 Next year, 2017, WILL BE BETTER……we all want it to be, so let’s make it happen!!.
So there you have it – the final Fill-In of 2016………………we hope Ellen and Ann keep this up in 2017. I think it’s been a great way to get to know each other better…….AND it’s a fun way to end every week too.
We’ll see all you FILL-IN fans next year………………………watch out 2017………………….
HERE WE COME !!
Love, Angel Sammy
Well the stuff is housecleaning….but the fill-ins are way more fun so let’s start with that!
The Fill-Ins is a really FUN blog hop hosted by Ellen of 15andMeowing and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader. Do you “fill in” on Fridays??? If so, goodie – if not – give it a try! Just visit one of their blogs and use the LINKY TOOL to hook up to the hop and share how YOU have filled in their challenge sentences. That’s what I’m doing……..wanna see how I did???? Today was Mom’s turn to fill-in and her answers are in RED!
1. My nickname is “PJ” (stands for Pamela June!).
2. The first thing I ever won was a lamp at bingo at the Selma Air Force Base (Alabama) Officers Club bingo night (I was 9 or 10 at the time – I wasn’t all that thrilled to win a LAMP!).
3. I have never been to see the Pyramids – sadly things are so difficult in that part of the world now I may never get to see them but I always DREAMED of going since I was a very little girl .
4. Next year I will turn 70 – EEEEEEEEK! .
Thanks Mom – next week it’s MY turn!
Now, just in case you wanna know how the housecleaning is going today – it’s pretty much “same old thing” – the Broomhildas are doing an amazing job of getting all the dust bunnies out from under the beds:
AND, they found my toy stash behind the sofa…………. (darn)
And then can you believe it? They actually asked ME to help by taking care of the clogged toilet in the downstairs bathroom! Just because I unrolled a whole roll of TP into it and flushed – gosh – can’t a guy have ANY fun around here??
Remember, you too can use the Broomhildas for cleaning – they are available at their toll free number – they are highly recommended by me and Mom……….they may not be pretty but they get the job done!
Have a super duper Friday!!!!!! Tomorrow is – BACON DAY and I have a brand new BACON MEME to share that some wonderful friends of mine made JUST FOR ME! See you then!
Doing some cleaning of my own!
We’re Filling In Today!
Yep – that’s what we’re doing. Mom and I are BOTH going to pawticipate in the Friday Fill-ins from 15andMeowing and McGuffy’s Reader. Up until now, we’ve been taking turns filling in but we thought WHY NOT BOTH FILL IN so we are.
Here are the sentences that needed filling in and FIRST UP will be Mom then me – and both of our fill-in answers will be in BLUE!
Friendly Fill-In Statements: Week 8
1. I never thought I would miss taking a yearly vacation, but I do.
2. Every 4th of July we buy “fountain” fireworks to watch in our own front yard – we both love the colors and the fact that they are QUIET!
3. If I knew THEN what I know NOW, I would probably still not change a THING about how I’ve lived my life!
4. I have trouble fixing my hair almost every morning – it’s so much thinner now than it used to be.
Thanks Mom – now for MY fill-ins………………
Friendly Fill-In Statements: Week 8
1. I never thought I would miss being young and healthy, but I do.
2. Every 4th of July I dread all the neighborhood noisy firecrackers but THIS year, I can’t hear very well so NO PROBLEM!!.
3. If I knew who my cat Mom and Dad had been, I would tell them that even though they abandoned me under an old house when I was a tiny kitten, my life turned out to be WONDERFUL!.
4. I have trouble getting up and down stairs because of my arthritis but Mom carries me when I need help.
So there you have it – DOUBLE FILL-INS from me and Mom…………….these were kind of tough for some reason……..Mom had a horrible time answering #1 and I had a tough time with #3. That’s a good thing though – Friendly Fill-Ins make you really THINK……….don’t they? Thanks Miss Ellen and Miss Ann for hosting the Fill-Ins every week! If you want to see other Fill-ins OR link up your own responses on your blog, just click one of the host links and you can play along! 15andMeowing McGuffys Reader
HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYBODY!
The sentences we needed to fill in are below AND I’m letting Mom fill them in today since I did last week’s! My fill-ins are in RED!
1. My feelings get hurt when Mom yells at me (although that’s a RARE occasion!).
2. I am excited about new bags of treats when Mom gets one out of the pantry – I go crazy!
3. Eat first, then have a nice long nap.
4. One time, I ran off and Mom couldn’t catch me down in the woods, that’s why I wear a harness and leash now!
That’s fun – I hope you are joining in on this fun Friday tradition – add your fill-ins to the one of the linkies at the above blogs who are our hosts and have some fun! Even if you don’t play along, you can visit everyone else’s posts there!
Now for the MAIN EVENT today – cleaning the house!
So we had a couple of other cleaners who work for the same company as the Broomhildas come by today to help us get the house ship-shape………………..
This guy did a good job!
This young lady did a LOT to help out!
Dad was a whirlwind as usual………….
Mom was going nuts too…………
AND before you know it…………………………we were TOTALLY and ABSOLUTELY:
INCLUDING my contribution!!! Cleaning out my own litter box……HAHA
So we’re good to go for another week. Now we all can have some rest……………….I hope………………!!!
Sammy the Cleaning Snoopervisor