Oh boy! Fill-In Friday is here……………..this is a fun Blog Hop that you can join in if you want to – it’s co-hosted by Annie of McGuffy’s Reader and Ellen of 15andMeowing and you can go to McGuffy’s to join up if you click the badge above! What is the hop all about? Well, our co-hosts EACH give us two sentences with blanks in them and all we have to do is fill in the blanks however we want………..what happens? We learn a lot of new stuff about each other. Cool right?
I’m going to fill in the blanks ALL BY MYSELF this week……………….Mom said I could………………..and my own words will be in BLUE so you can tell it’s ME ME ME talking!
1. When I am nervous, I run for the basement – it’s my safe spot in the house!
2. When I am angry, I won’t look my Mom or Dad in the face – I look away so it’s more like a BIG POUT!.
3. Today, I know for sure that Mom is taking me to the vet at 9:40AM – she doesn’t think I know but I heard her call to make the appointment – I haven’t been eating well or drinking enough water (so she says)!
4. For St. Patrick’s day, I am going to Ireland with the Cat Scouts (virtually of course) **
**Mom says she’d fill in this sentence with “I am making corned beef and cabbage with potatoes in the crockpot” !
So there you have it – my Friday fill-ins are done! That was easy peasy………………..you should join us – it’s fun every week.
Angel Sammy and Teddy O’Kimmell wish you the luck of the Irish on Saturday!!
Time for the “Almost 2018” Friday Fill-Ins!
This is a super fun hop co-hosted by Ellen of 15andmeowing and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader and we just love it. Every Friday each of our co-hosts give us TWO sentences with blanks to fill. We get to share a little bit about ourselves and what we think when we fill in the blanks and that’s why it’s a FUN Hop! Want to join in? Click the badge above and go to McGuffy’s and sign up to join us.
I guess this might be another one of those fill-in Fridays where my Mom ought to do the filling in………….so I’m letting her…………and her fill-ins are GREEN today!
1. On New Year’s Eve, I will do what I always do – have a nice dinner with my husband, have a bottle of champagne with dessert, then go to bed EARLY – no parties or noise at our house – just a quiet start to a new year!
2. One goal I have for 2018 is to work on Teddy’s blog to make it more interesting and fun……I don’t want it to be boring for anyone!
3. In 2017, I accomplished nothing of note – I’m just grateful to be alive for another year so I guess I accomplished THAT!.
4. I lost my soul cat in 2017. (but we adopted another sweet ginger boy who has healed our hearts!)
Gosh Mom – I’m glad to hear that – I know you miss Sammy but I’m glad that I am helping you and Dad move on……………….as for me and this coming year – who knows – I just want to continue to be spoiled rotten and enjoy the fun of being a cat with you and Dad. I’m not sure there’s anything that could make me happier!
Now for SHOPPING AROUND THE WORLD!
Another FUN Blog Hop and this one is all about FOOD and sharing recipes and prices from our area of the world! My friend Bacon at PIGLOVE is hosting this one AND if you want to join in – share a recipe and see what stuff costs in OTHER places just click the badge above and let Bacon know you have posted a recipe on your blog. This month’s challenge was to share a recipe for a dessert, cookie or other treat that we do for holidays. My Mom makes spiced nuts for Christmas and she must have made about TEN batches of these (my Dad is hooked on them!). so I’m sharing that recipe which is EASY PEASY.
Mom’s EASY Cinnamon Spiced Nuts
10 or 15 oz. can of Planters Mixed Nuts (unsalted or salted) – $6.26 (10. oz.)
1 tablespoon water (free!)
1 cup sugar (we had sugar)
2 teaspoons cinnamon – $1.89 for 2.57 oz.
1 teaspoon nutmeg – $4.99 for 2.47 oz.
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a large cookie sheet (I used spray). Beat one eggwhite until fluffy – add 1 tablespoon water and whip eggwhite again. Add can of nuts and coat well. In a small bowl mix together the sugar and spices then dump them into the nuts mixing well to coat all the nuts. Put the nuts on the cookie sheet and spread out. Bake the nuts 20-25 minutes, mixing the nuts on the cookie sheet a couple of times during the bake. Take nuts out of oven and dump onto sheet of foil to cool. VOILA! Done!
These are quite addictive so WATCH OUT.
THANKS BACON for hosting this fun hop – gives us all a chance to share a good recipe AND see prices. Can’t wait to see what our project is for NEXT month!
Today would have been my Dad’s 101st birthday…..Happy Birthday in Heaven Daddy – I will always be your “little girl”……Love, Pam