Greetings from the Easterized Castle in Baconia!
It’s not easy baking with eggs on top of your head but I’m giving it a try this morning JUST so I can bring you a cute idea for Easter breakfast. Mostly this is for those of you who have little kids or grandkids or neighbor kids or SOMEBODY’S kids coming over and you want something CUTE for them to have for Easter morning. They are good PERIOD – for all ages – but kids come to mind with this one and I think you’ll agree!!
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Easter Baskets
- 1can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 6 eggs
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2 Unroll 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls; separate dough into 8 triangles. Place 1 triangle in muffin cup; press in cup to cover bottom and around side. Use scissors to cut off excess dough; use to fill in any spaces to create a seamless muffin cup. Repeat with remaining triangles.
- 3 In small bowl, beat 6 eggs with whisk. Add salt and pepper to taste. In large skillet, scramble eggs over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fluffy and just under done. Eggs should be shiny but not wet (they’ll finish cooking in the oven).
- 4 Divide eggs evenly among dough-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 5 Bake about 10 minutes or until cups are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 6 Meanwhile, in another large skillet, cook 8 slices bacon over medium heat just until done but not crisp. Drain well on paper towels. While bacon is hot, fold it over like handle of basket. (Once bacon cools, it will become fragile and will not bend. It needs to cool in the rounded shape.)
- 7 Remove baskets from oven, cool in pan a few minutes. Remove from pan to serving platter. Place bacon “handles” on baskets, pressing ends of bacon into edges of baskets so they stand up. Serve immediately.
CUTE!!!!! But not just cute – delicious too!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone………………..and remember – BACON LOVES YOU AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE IT!!!!!