Hello Friends! Today is something a little bit different to try.
We live in an area where crab meat is easy to find and buy and Mom tried this recipe with crab and also tried it with steamed shrimp and the crab was the winner! It’s just a super tasty little snack/appetizer. Not tough to make either – some people are afraid to make the “cup” with bacon but honestly it’s easy AND it doesn’t have to look perfect! It just holds the whole thing together after baking. TASTY? Oh boy oh boy is this ever TASTY!
Crab Dip Stuffed Bacon Cups (oh boy!)
- Bacon – 1 lb, cut into 4ths
- Crabmeat – 1 lb lump crabmeat
- Cream cheese softened – 8 ozs
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, sharp – 1 cup for the dip and some reserved to sprinkle on top
- Old Bay – I used 2 tsp, but you can add to suit your taste. (We keep this on hand for lots of things – boiled shrimp, crab salad, etc.)
- Salt and Pepper – To taste
- Mustard ( you can use dry or prepared mustard such as French’s or spicy brown mustard) – 1 tsp. (We used Grey Poupon because The Royal Father likes it!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare your muffin/cupcake pan by laying strips of bacon in until you have the cup completely covered. The beauty of this recipe is they don’t need to be perfect. In fact, it is better when they aren’t because it gives a unique look to your cups. ( if you like your bacon crispier you can fry it for 2 to 3 minutes on each side before placing in pan. Just let it cool before you handle it.)
- In a small bowl add your crab, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, old bay, salt and pepper, and mustard. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a round teaspoon or 1 inch cookie scooper, scoop your crab dip into the cups, making sure to push them down just a little so they completely fill the cup. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Put your pan in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is done and cheese is bubbly and brown on top.
- Let them sit in the pan for 5 to 7 minutes to cool. When cooled, remove from the pan and place on dish with paper towels to drain. Serve immediately after draining.
Do your bit to save the plants – EAT MORE BACON!!
Ahhh…it’s good to be King…..please bring me another tray of those crab bacon appetizers please while I rest on my throne??????????
And above all, don’t forget:
He’s still missing – send positive thoughts to The Cat On My Head as they continue searching for him!