WHAT????? Is it April Fools Day????????????? Well, yes it is but that’s not why we’re here posting TWO blogs in one day. We’re here because our buddies and pals at Canadian Cats and Easyweimaraner (Shoko and Tyebe and our friends Phenny and Nelly in Brittany) have started a NEW monthly blog posting Hop with a recipe exchange! You can join the hop at either of their blogs – just click the links and voila – get cookin’ !
Sharing a recipe – which I have tons of because I already host a Saturday BACON Recipe post…………………BUTTTTT I’ll try not to make it all about bacon and save that for Saturdays.
Mostly I’m going to go for EASY……………EASY to make stuff is my specialty. Ready? How about a SUPER SIMPLE chocolate cake?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot water
- Frosting of your choice (already made stuff is fine!)
- Colored sprinkles, optional but cute……..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients. Stir in eggs, oil and buttermilk. Add water; stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Frost cake. If desired, decorate with sprinkles (they are cute!)
SEE? I told you it would be easy………….there you have it. Now make it so you can EAT it!
Thanks to our Blog Hop Hosts……………those wacky Weimaraners and those crazy Canadian Chicks………………..I’m sure there will be some great recipes that come out of this. HAVE FUN EVERYONE.