No I’m not having company today – no there’s nobody coming to see my parents or anything….so why is the title of today’s blog “Caturday With Friends” ??
Because I want to thank all of YOU today. In this blog world we live in there are honors bestowed to us along the way – blogging awards handed out and given to each other because we care…because we appreciate each other…because we think someone else’s blog is worthy of “standing out”…and certainly because we’re friends.
I received two nominations in the last couple of days from friends – and it made me stop for the millionth time to think about how much I enjoy sharing my little life with you all. How much I hope you enjoy hearing about my very ordinary little life. How much FUN it is to talk to you every day and catch up with what you’re up to! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone………
Miss Dianda from Cats&Co. nominated me for the “Wonderful Team Readership Award Award” which is one I already received and have posted on my home page…..then I received the “Seven Things About Me” award from the lovely Nellie of Cat From Hell.
For the “Seven Things” award, I am to tell seven things about ME and then nominate seven other blogs. Coming up with some things you might NOT know about me is gonna be hard – I’ve shared everything with you over the year-plus that I’ve been blogging but here goes!
- I love buttons. If I see a button on a shirt or sweater from across the room – I make a beeline for YOUR lap! I’ll hop right up and start trying to remove that button or buttons as the case may be. My Mom gets a big charge out of it…my Dad….well….not so much!
- When I was very little, my Mom had tied one of those toys on an elastic band up on a stair railing for me to play with – I had fun pulling on it and watching it fly through the air and I’d leap up and grab it again, etc. She left the room for a few minutes once and came back to find me all wrapped up in the elastic because I’d gotten hung up in the elastic and couldn’t get free – HANGING ELASTIC TOYS ARE DANGEROUS!
- I think crickets are rather delicious.
- I do NOT like my Mom to talk when I’m in her lap. Even if she and my Dad try to have a conversation….if I’m on her lap, I PREFER her to be quiet. If she talks, I’ll hop down and wait for her to stop then hop back up. Persnickity aren’t I ???!!!
- I love classical music and lift my tail in the air to move it back and forth with the music while I close my eyes and listen.
- I have exactly $2.26 cents in my piggy – I mean CAT – bank.
- I once chased a fox down into the woods in my backyard.
So there are my seven things…..and I’ve already linked back to pretty Nellie and now I have to nominate seven blogs!
Mollie’s Dog Treats (Mollie and Alfie)
And for the “Wonderful Team Readership Award” I have a few days to think about who to nominate – you’re supposed to nominate 14 blogs and I’m not sure I KNOW that many so I’ll see what I can come up with!
At any rate, I hope all of you have a great Caturday……why? Because you’re my FRIENDS that’s why!
Kitty Hugs, Sammy