- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. In same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Stir in hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, onion mixture and reserved bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Easy? You betcha!
Like I said, gobble this down – maybe with some homemade biscuits and then attack all those presents under the tree. You don’t want to waste time having a long drawn out breakfast on Christmas morning!
Well if you should have any leftover bacon – EAT IT. Don’t let it be lonely on the plate – nothing worse than sad bacon I always say. And I should know – after all I am the KING OF BACONIA.
Those of you who are really MAJOR bacon fans might like to know that there are a lot of bacon Christmas tree ornaments available out there……………..
AND, for the ADULTS out there – our friend Carol sent in this little indulgence which is definitely NOT “kid friendly” but might be just the ticket for parents after a morning of screaming kids excited over Christmas!!!!
Well kiddies – that’s it from Baconia this morning……………we hope you will INSIST that your personal kitchen staff make the simple casserole for you as it DOES have bacon in it (and you can instruct them to put even more in than the recipe calls for you know!!!!)…………and is delicious too!
Even the King of Baking needs a rest after fixing breakfast right?
Happy Saturday Bacon Buddies!
Your King – Teddy