It is your King! With another bacon recipe you’re going to love!
But today I’m not “baking” I’m just “making”. It’s a salad………..with two of our favorite things in the castle: avocados and bacon. Ready?
Bacon Avocado Salad
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or feta cheese
- Place first 6 ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, bacon, tomatoes and onion. Toss avocados with lemon juice and add to salad. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with dressing, shaking the jar to blend again if needed.
Holy Cow………………..my Mom – oops I mean THE ROYAL MOM – loves this salad. She’s always loved avocados and in fact often she’ll start an avocado plant from the seed – we have two four foot avocado plants in our kitchen right now in fact. She can eat an avocado just like it was an apple or some other snack. Anyway, if you like avocados I can guarantee you’ll love this salad.
It’s easy to grow your own plant by the way…………………Mom moves her avocados to the back deck in the summer – sure they won’t ever have avocados probably because we don’t have the right weather BUT they are pretty plants on their own……………….
In some parts of the country you might just grow actual avocados but not where we live – still the plants are fun to grow – kids love to watch this process but so do adults (especially THE ROYAL MOM!!!!!).