Friday means filling in the blanks – and it’s TIME! So, without further delay I’ll just say if you’d like to join the fill-in Hop all you have to do is fill in the blanks on the four sentences we’ve been given and then visit 15andmeowing (click above) and hook up to the Hop!
This week Mom and I both contributed to the filling in. The four sentences are below and if I’ve filled in the blank the word is in RED but if it’s Mom’s word, it’s in BLUE.
1. I’ve got a yen for soft shell crabs and tonight we’re going to a restaurant where it’s on the “SPECIALS” list! Woo Hoo!
2. I would gladly trade all my toys for a BIG screened in porch where I could be outside but SAFE so Mom wouldn’t worry.
3. It seems like only yesterday that I got my FOREVER HOME with Mom and Dad.
4. If you offered me a free trip across the ocean on an ocean liner, I would decline – I love being on the water but only on a small ship that doesn’t have thousands of people on board!
There you have it – Mom and I finished our filling in duty for another week. We thank our co-hosts for the filling in fun every week – if you don’t do Fill-Ins you should – it’s a lot of fun.
Hugs, Pam and Teddy
It’s Thursday already! Seems like only yesterday we had a Thursday – time is flying. Thanks to Brian we get together on Thursdays ever week to talk about the things we’re thankful for. THEN, after we do that we visit with my Angel brother Sammy who does a Poetic Thursday blog that I share with you.
This week I am thankful that my Mom is celebrating 12 years of blogging – she and Angel Sammy started One Spoiled Cat 12 years ago. Mom says time flies when you’re having fun but then she says in the same breath it’s just a reminder of how much older she is than she was then. AND she gets a little weepy that Sammy is now an Angel BUT she says she’s very thankful that I came into her life…..AWWWWW. Anyway, other things I’m thankful for HAVE to include the gorgeous weather – even the rain – it’s been nice that everything got well watered and all the greenery in our yard looks amazing – flowers beautiful – grass growing – trees budding…..We just love it. We are of course also thankful that our friend Brian hosts this hop every week!
Now let’s see what Angel Sammy has to say in his Poetry post shall we? See you next Thursday for thankfuls!
Let’s Talk Poetry!
Hi everyone. Time for our weekly fun with poetry. I give you a photo to inspire you and you write a poem about the photo. Fun right? Well I think so. Here’s the photo I gave you last week followed by MY poem to share with you. If you wrote a poem for the photo this week let us know in comments will you????
“A Mom’s Love”
Poem by Angel Sammy Kimmell ©May 10, 2023
The bond between a Mother and her kids is really universal
It’s also absolutely honest and true and is spontaneous with no rehearsal
The tender touch the soulful gaze the no need for words or sounds
The relationship is one that’s forever and knows absolutely no bounds.
Mother’s Day is coming soon and my Mom says no matter whether your Mom is here or there or in Heaven, her heart is always with you and she will always be your Mom. My Mom’s Mom has been gone for over 20 years and Mom says she can still “hear in her head” her Mom’s advice. She didn’t always TAKE the advice but she always listened. I think the little creature in the photo is having a tender moment with his Mom in the photo and that made my Mom think about Mother’s Day which is coming soon.
Here’s your photo poetry challenge for NEXT Thursday. Hope it inspires you to write a poem!
Uhoh………………well – accidents DO happen. Something tells me this wasn’t an accident though! One thing is for sure – it will make for some fun poetry! We’ll share next THURSDAY.
Until we meet again – love, and light
I am the Angel Poet in the green beret…..and I hope you join me for POETIC FUN each week!
Hugs, Angel Sammy
Happy Monday – time for a SPARK to start the week. “SPARKS” was started by Annie McGuffy of McGuffy’s Reader but ended when she stopped blogging some time ago. It was meant to be a way to start out each week with with a meaningful thought – something that spoke to each of us and hopefully everyone else who read it. Although Annie isn’t currently blogging, a lot of us who enjoyed her SPARKS decided to keep posting SPARKS of our own.
Sometimes when looking for a SPARK I read something that was not even on my MIND until I saw the words……………like this for instance:
Yep – I think that’s why in my life I’ve often left the beaten path and explored further along the edges or even DEEP into the woods! I don’t regret that either.
King of Baconia Here With My Guest Chef – Penny!
You all remember Penny from 15andMeowing. She’s a frequent guest here in the Castle because she and her Mom find some pretty darn yummy bacon-ized recipes for me to share with you. Today is no exception. This one is a really delicious snack but I think you could make an entire MEAL of them too. Do I have your attention? Good!
SPINACH BACON BITES
I know – just looking at the photo makes you want a pile of these NOW – right? Well they only take 35 minutes to make so let’s get going!
3 packages (10 oz. each) of frozen chopped spinach thawed
8 oz. bacon, diced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 scallions, sliced
8 oz. pepper jack cheese – shredded
- Heat oven to 375. Place spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze over sink to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add bacon and cook 6-8 minutes until crispy. Remove to a plate, reserving 2 tbsp bacon fat
- Brush a 139 inch baking dish with 1 tbsp bacon fat. In a large bowl, mix 1 tbsp bacon fat with flour and the next five ingredients until well combined. Stir in spinach, scallions, cheese and bacon.
- Spread mixture into greased baking dish. Bake 30-35 minutes, until top starts to turn golden brown.
- Cool slightly – then cut into triangles – serve warm or at room temperature
Oh boy – this is a delicious bundle of joy in your mouth – each bite makes you want another and another…………….until – well – they’re all gone and you have to make it again!!
Thanks Penny – this one is a definite winner. Please tell Mom Ellen we appreciate her keeping an eye out for bacon recipes for us to share with our ADORING PUBLIC. AND thanks to you for being Guest Chef today. You did a GREAT job!
See you in the Castle Kitchen next week!
Friday means FILL IN THE BLANKS! Yep – our co-hosts give us four sentences and we do just that – – – fill in the blanks. Always fun! You can click their badge if you want to link up with the rest of us.
Here are the four sentences we got from them this week. I let my Mom do alllllllllllllllllllllllll the filling in in this week – Aren’t I nice to share??? Her words are in RED.
1. Having a housekeeper would make my life easier. (Dream on Pamela…..dream on)
2. My May to-do list includes more closet-cleaning and trips to the garden center for plants for front porch and back deck.
3. If my morning starts with _coffee and breakfast I can go at least an hour before I’m hungry again (haha).
4. Ending my day with watching TV or reading a book makes me sleepy and ready for bed!.
Mom – Really?? A Housekeeper??? Well I suppose we all have dreams right? I’d be ok with a housekeeper if she would bring me treats every day when she came to work.
Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!
Hugs, Teddy and Mom Pam
Happy Cinco De Mayo from ME to YOU!