Happy Almost July 4th Bacon Fans!
I have a GREAT chicken recipe for you……………and it would make a nice addition to your July 4th table of goodies for your family and company if you’re having any. It’s really pretty darn easy to make and very tasty. My Mom will have these as an alternative for guests to other main dishes – lots of people prefer chicken over meat like steaks or ribs. SO here it is – in all its’ glory – and I hope you try it – if not for the holiday for ANY DAY!
FETA AND BACON STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- ¾ pound bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ⅛ tablespoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
AS an extra added bonus today I’m sharing an incredibly EASY dessert you could serve AFTER you have your holiday meal………………oh boy is it good too!
EASY FROZEN FRUIT WHIP
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened blackberries
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping and milk; fold in frozen berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Freeze leftovers; remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Happy 4th from Castle Baconia!