Hello Loyal Bacon Lovers! It’s That Time Again!
I have a really delicious breakfast treat for you to try. This is truly yummy and the leftovers are too but feel free to cut back on portions of ingredients if you would just rather eat the whole thing NOW and now save any. Trust me – I could understand it if you do! Talk about scrumptious.
Hawaiian Bacon and Pineapple Breakfast Bake
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 14 slices)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut into 1-inch cubes (yes I know not everyone can get these – we have them but you might not – can be ANY rolls)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in cheeses, bacon, ham and pineapple. Gently stir in cubed rolls. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, sprinkling with onions halfway through baking. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
My Mom loves this mainly because of the delicious combo of bacon and pineapple but you might like it for other reasons. All I know is it’s yummy (not that I’ve had any – other than a tiny crumb of bacon).
Your King Needs A Nap….See you next Saturday !!