Hello Bacon Lovers! Welcome to the castle of bacon…..!
Let’s see if you like the recipe I have for you today. Mom made a big batch of fried chicken the the other day and had leftover chicken breasts so made this really yummy chopped chicken salad with bacon. You’re gonna love it.
BACON CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen grilled chicken breast strips (we used leftover cooked chicken breasts and just cut them into strips)
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Heat chicken according to package directions. Cool slightly; coarsely chop chicken.
- For dressing, place cheese, vinegar, water and pepper in a small food processor; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, tomatoes and bacon. Serve with dressing.
Sounds good doesn’t it? My Mom is a nut for chicken salad sandwiches and this just works with all the delicious stuff in it…………blue cheese is one of her fave cheeses too. It’s a WIN/WIN here in the Castle and I hope you’ll give it a whirl too…………..yummy in the tummy!