Hello Loyal Baconites! Time for something YUMMY in the kitchen!
I’ve got a whopper of a bread recipe for you today. Don’t freak out because it’s BREAD – this is an EASY one. Honest. And the best part is it has BACON in it. How can you resist bacon – especially if there’s also cheese involved????
Give this one a whirl – it’s pretty darn easy and EXTREMELY delicious……..especially warm from the oven.
Loaded Bacon Cheddar Bread
This recipe makes TWO delicious loaves…………………
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, fresh grated not bagged
- 10 strips cooked thick cut bacon, chopped and divided
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine water, yeast, salt and sugar. Allow mixture to sit for several minutes.
- Add flour, two cups of cheese, bacon and fresh ground black pepper. Stir with spoon until combined. Dough will be shaggy. Don’t stress if it looks messy. It will come together in the end.
- Cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for a few minutes. It does not need to be completely smooth. Just knead it long enough to come together. Divide dough into two equal halves and place in standard loaf pans.
- Cover loaves with remaining cheese and bacon. Cover with towel and allow to rest for thirty minutes.
- Bake in a 400` oven for fifteen minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce heat to 350` and continue baking for another 35 minutes. Remove foil and allow to bake for another 10 minutes.
See? Not tough at all is it. Give it a try – how can you not try it when it’s got BACON in it? You are a bacon lover right??? Right!!!!!