Hello Bacon Lovers……..ever made a frittata before? Well, we’re making one today!
I saw this recipe and just knew the Royal Parents would like it…………..I was right…………….this recipe is for a lot of people but my OINKY and HUNGRY Royal Mom and Dad had a HALF recipe of this all to themselves. That’s what I said. Such a simple recipe but apparently so good my parents couldn’t control themselves.
Bacon and Corn Frittata
INGREDIENTS (This serves 16 – when I made it I cut recipe in HALF and it was great for TWO!) Yes we had seconds…..no we are not pigs – it was just delicious enough we wanted more)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 strips cooked bacon, chopped (of course I used 3 strips even though I cut the rest of the recipe tin half….haha)
- 1 (12-oz) bag frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded Fontina cheese, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Add cooked bacon and corn; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and sour cream in a large bowl; stir in ½ cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to pan. Pour egg mixture over bacon and corn mixture, shaking pan to evenly distribute. Cook 5 minutes, without stirring, or until edges of eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese over top and transfer pan to oven. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
I know! Surprising how yummy this sounds right?
Yep – that’s us here in Castle Baconia……although having bacon growing on trees would be nice!
Honored to bring you yet another fab recipe from
the CASTLE COLLECTION of bacon delights.
Enjoy! Your King