It is I – Your King – With a SCRUMPTIOUS Potato Pie Recipe!
I just can’t imagine anything going wrong with a recipe like this. A meat shell pie is a great idea but add potato, cheese, bacon, onion and cream of mushroom soup – well how the heck can you go wrong right? I could eat a WEDGE of this right now if I wasn’t elbow deep in making it here in my kitchen right now (wait…..do cats have elbows???). Anyway, this one is easy enough that you really SHOULD try it sometime.
Meat Shell Potato Pie
- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- Combine potatoes and remaining soup in a bowl; mix until fluffy. Spread over meat crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes. Cut into wedges.
I love this guy – he’s a character after my own heart!
Enjoy your week everyone and I’ll be back next Saturday with another winning recipe………at least I hope you think it’s winning anyway.