The King is in his kitchen and ready to bake a YUMMY bacon treat!
Oh I couldn’t resist his one. Too many wonderful things in this recipe to ignore it – you’ve just gotta try it. We love bacon and we love cheesecake and we love chocolate chips so how on earth could this possibly go wrong? It can’t!
BACON CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BLONDIES
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil.
- Reserve 1/4 cup crumbled bacon for top. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and remaining bacon. Press half of the dough onto bottom of prepared pan.
- For cheesecake layer, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over dough in prepared pan; drop remaining dough by rounded tablespoons over cheesecake layer. Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
- Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
So did we get your interest with this one?