Happy New Year From Castle Baconia and Your King!
WOO HOO! We all made it through New Year’s Eve and now we’re into a brand new year. Today I’m going to give you a recipe for something really REALLY good. Ready?
Bacon Mushroom Spinach Frittata
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash of hot sauce (optional but awfully darn good!)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (any type of mushrooms will work!)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, oregano, thyme and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes, reserving 1 tablespoon excess fat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in spinach and tomato until the spinach begins to wilt, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in egg mixture and bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons, until well combined. Cook, undisturbed, until edges are set, about 2 minutes. Top with remaining bacon.
- Place into oven and bake until top is set and golden brown, about 14-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This is so darn good. I don’t often make frittatas or even THINK about making them, but they sure are tasty and once you get the idea, you can make them out of almost ANYTHING! My Mom and Dad are BIG on breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day you know! With all the goodness in this meal, it will make you wish you could have it every single morning – hey – why not? HAHA
You’ve got to try this recipe – trust me. I’m your King!