Howdy Fellow Chefs! I have a yummy side dish for you!
I’ve got another good one for you today. My Mom is a nutcase when it comes to insisting we have Green Bean Casserole for Thanksgiving – and just about any other time she can make it as well. So how about a recipe for the casserole WITH BACON????
Not a recipe you’ve never heard of I’m sure but maybe one you sort of forgot about – I don’t think most people put cheddar cheese OR bacon it it but it sure adds a lot!
Bacon Cheddar Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (about 6 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups cooked green beans or 4 cans (14.5 ounces each) any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained
- 2 2/3 cups French’s® French Fried Onions
Stir the soup, milk, half the cheese, 5 tablespoons bacon, black pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in a 3-quart baking dish.
Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling and the beans are tender (for softer beans bake a little longer). Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, onions and bacon.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Oh boy – I want a big old bowl of this now. Well, Mom wouldn’t give me a big bowl of it ANY TIME but maybe for Turkey Day this year since they will be home making their own meal for a change they could let me have a LITTLE TASTE????????????????????
Since we won’t see you before Thanksgiving has come and gone – we hope all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving have a wonderful time – even if it’s just your family at home instead of with big groups – you can be THANKFUL that you’re healthy and have delicious food to eat………………so many don’t.