Boo! It’s Halloween month and even the King of Bacon celebrates that (early!)
Saturday means bacon recipes – hopefully easy ones but always TASTY ones! I’ve got just the trick for you today. Involving chicken strips and puff pastry and it’s beyond delicious! I do a lot of recipes involving MEAT but this involves chicken so maybe just a little different than the usual.
What am I talking about?
Yummy Chicken Bacon Tart
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cut into thirds
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Saute onions and apples in drippings until tender. Stir in the chicken, jelly, thyme and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 10-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- Spread chicken mixture over pastry to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Press edges with a fork, forming a decorative border.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley.
See? Easy and delicious…..that jalapeno pepper jelly gives it a BOOST!