Welcome to the Castle where Bacon RULES!
Happy Saturday Bacon Lovers. I’ve got a goodie for you – maybe I should say ANOTHER goodie because we do cook up some delightful goodies in the Castle Kitchen and this one is really extra yummy for breakfast OR brunch.
BLT Brunch Pie
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press dough into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges if desired. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, bacon, green pepper and onion. Layer half of the tomatoes in crust; top with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes your mouth water right?
As always feel free to adjust here and there for your personal tastes but this is just so good AS IS. The dough is amazing. Just make it, let it rest in the refrig and then press it into a pie pan. Easy? DEFINITELY.