Happy Saturday Bacon Lovers! Here I am in the Castle Baconia kitchen sharing a recipe with you!!
You know I’m always trying to find something totally yummy that involves bacon for you to try. Well I searched high and low and found this which I think you will enjoy. It’s just a little bit different because the “shell” of this dinner pie is MEAT – not pastry! Ready?
“Meat Shell Bacon Potato Pie”
- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (no surprise here but I used SIX strips of bacon – – – -!!! The more the merrier I say)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- Combine potatoes and remaining soup in a bowl; mix until fluffy. Spread over meat crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes. Cut into wedges.
See? Different but really no unusual ingredients – just put together in a different way using the ground beef as a “pie shell”. This is really tasty. Trust me!
Put the ingredients on your shopping list – I promise you and your family will LOVE it!