Hello Bacon Fans! I’ve got another snack for you!
Yep – today I have something that I think you will find VERY tasty even though at first glance you might say……….. “WHAAAAT???”. Trust me. Have I ever let you down? The apricot preserves and honey mustard make it absolutely POP!
Brats and Bacon Appetizer Pizza!
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 4 maple-flavored bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 fully cooked beer bratwurst links, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 cups shredded white or yellow cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll and press crust onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add bratwurst to same pan; cook and stir until browned, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix preserves and mustard. Spread over crust; top with bratwurst, bacon mixture and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.
I can’t tell you how really yummy this is you simply have to try it for yourselves. It’s a wild combo with the brats/bacon and sweet stuff but it’s just so yummy I know if you make it once you will make it AGAIN!
Have a ROYAL weekend………!! I am!