Happy Independence Day USA – Welcome to the Land of Baconia – let’s cook up a treat!
Now if this doesn’t sound and look good then I don’t know what does……………..YES it has a lot of mushrooms in it and an “ample” amount of bacon but hey – we’re bacon-a-holics right? Oh heck – just give it a try – it’s incredibly good and if my Dad (who is Mr. Picky) likes it then everyone will.
Mushroom Bacon Paprikash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces egg noodles cooked
- Saute the bacon in a fry pan until starts to get a little crispy.
- Drain a little of the bacon grease off and add the butter, onions, and garlic. Keep cooking until the onions start to get clear.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet. Keep cooking and stirring the bacon, onion, mushroom mixture for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika and salt to the mixture. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes or so.
- Take the mixture off the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Finally, put some the noodles on a plate, spoon the bacon mushroom mixture over the noodles and ENJOY!
Those of you celebrating the 4th – stay home and celebrate quietly if you can! Going out? Wear a mask and don’t get in a crowd. Humans must do the right thing – we NEED you to stay healthy – you are our SAFETY NET – you are our “Forever Home”………