Is it Monday again? Wow……time flies doesn’t it………………….Time for us to share a SPARK. What exactly IS this Monday SPARK thing we do? Well, most of you know that Annie of McGuffy’s Reader – who started SPARKS – was hacked and has been on an extended break from blogging although her idea to spread some inspiration on Monday of every week goes on. Many of us who participated in her SPARKS Blog Hop and found value in sharing a thought on Monday continue doing that to hopefully give each other a “Monday boost” – perhaps something to think about to inspire us in the week ahead OR help us deal with something that’s on our mind. Why not join us by sharing something that SPARKS you? It might just start a spark in us too.
I confess that when I saw this particular SPARK I’m about to share, I had thoughts that I’d either used it before or someone else had and I saw it on their blog. It doesn’t really matter – what DOES matter is that it speaks to me. I am VERY grateful for my friends…….and that goes for as far back as I can remember and that’s a lot of years for me!! My friends have helped me through some tough times and I hope I have returned the favor. I believe it’s a REAL friend who knows “that song” by the way !!
I’ve never been one to have a LOT of friends………..I have a lot of acquaintances, but throughout my life I’ve had very few close friends. I guess you could say not a whole lot of people know that song I have in my heart………but that’s OK – the ones that do know it, know it by heart just like I know theirs by heart……………HEART TO HEART.
(with a p.s. reminder from Professor Ted that tomorrow is Teaser Tuesday!)
It’s Sunday! Time for us to join the Selfie Hop hosted by our buddies and pals at The Cat On My Head. You can do the same if you like – just click on their badge and fill in the linky form. We all join in the selfie parade just to show each other how we RELAX on our weekend.
I like to dip back in my old photos some Sundays to find a photo of ME from the same day or week in the past – kind of fun to see how much I’ve grown (tee hee)……..and what I was doing back then. Let’s see what I can find to show you this week!
So I did find this little gem…………….this was taken of me almost inside the very old and torn up “tent” that Angel Sammy left for me. This is June 23, 2017 which means it was just four months after Mom and Dad adopted me. Angel Sammy left a lot of toys and things for me and I loved the old red tent more than the brand new blue one Mom and Dad got for me.
Mom made an artsy version of this photo way back when she first showed it on my blog……………so we’re just “recycling” it below!
If you would like to do the puzzle – just click the MINI-ME below and you’ll be able to try and put this one together!!
CLICK ME FOR PUZZLE!!
Happy Sunday Peeps and Friends………….love, Teddy
Hello Bacon Lovers! It’s ME – The King – NEXT Saturday is July 4th but I’m cooking up a 4th of July breakfast casserole with BACON today so you can have time to get the ingredients and make it for NEXT Saturday!
This is great for a crowd or a hungry family and maybe kind of fun to have a SPECIAL breakfast on July 4th (or any time). I just know you’re going to like it.
Charleston Breakfast Casserole
12 slices bacon
1/4 cup butter – melted
3 cups croutons (plain)
2 cups grated cheddar
1-3/4 cups milk
1 bell pepper (any color) – diced
1 tablespoon prepared mustard (any kind)
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown – drain, crumble and set aside
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
- Melt butter in the microwave or a small pan on the stove over low heat. Spray a 9×12 inch baking dish with vegetable spray – place croutons in the bottom of the dish and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with grated cheddar
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk to break up the yolks. Add milk, peppers, mustard, salt, and pepper and beat until well-combined. Pour mixture over croutons and cheese and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes – remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving
YES and I made an extra slice for YOU !
Doesn’t this just sound wonderful? Well it is. And really not a big deal to make either – most casseroles are just mixtures of yummy things tossed in together. That’s why they’re fun to make and why more people enjoy them. This one really is tasty.
Yep – there’s just something about that wonderful aroma…………………MMMMMMM!
Hope you have a Happy 4th of July and we will have ANOTHER July 4th recipe NEXT Saturday on THE BIG DAY.
YAY! Friday is here! Time for us to join the Blog Hop that lets you learn more about your friends just by filling in the blanks in sentences! Our co-hosts each provide us two sentences and we just fill in the blanks – how easy can it be??!!! If you’d like to join us – click the badge above and fill in the linky form!!
Mom and I shared the filling in duties this week………….if the words are MINE they’re in GREEN if they’re Mom’s words they’re in BLUE.
1. I almost caught a skink today – he was at the bottom of a tree and I snuck up on him but he saw me at the last second and scooted out of reach – pooey!.
2. I finally have begun purging “stuff” from the basement storage – a flood in the basement MAY HAVE encouraged me to do so!!
3. I find hunting skinks, chasing squirrels, and napping in a pile of leaves very interesting. (not necessarily in that order!)
4. I have my doubts about the people who think wearing a mask is stupid and unnecessary.
OK Mom – we did it! We got the fill-ins done! Now I can go take a nap and you can get back to whatever it is that humans do when we’re napping. Thanks to our co-hosts for this fun weekly HOP………like I said, we sure learn a lot about each other this way.
We’re done right Mom? Good – Nite Nite!
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AUNT CAROL !!!!