Happy Almost Mother’s Day to All Moms (especially mine!)
In honor my Mom and her addiction to potatoes among other things (!) I am making a special bacon potato casserole for cooking class today. This is one of my Mom’s fave ways to eat potatoes even though (yes she knows) she shouldn’t eat so much starch. Anyway, it’s a special day tomorrow so I’m making it for HER and for YOU too!
Potato Bacon Casserole
Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing the baking dish
6 large russet potatoes
8 ounces sliced bacon (or more!)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
Pinch garlic salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
2 cups grated Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Boil the potatoes in a pot of water with a pinch of salt until tender, about 20 minutes.)
- While the potatoes boil, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels and, when cool enough to handle, crumble it into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add the milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, butter, garlic salt, pepper and 1 cup of the cheese to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Whip the mixture until thoroughly combined. Drain the potatoes and add to the mixer. Mix again to combine and the potatoes are whipped smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and remaining 1 cup cheese over the top and bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 20 minutes.
Mom this is just for you but I have a feeling other Moms will enjoy it too!!!
Love, Your KING of Hearts, Teddy