Hello Fans of Bacon! Welcome to the King of Bacon’s kitchen! It’s time to MAKE SOMETHING!
Yes we gather in my kitchen here at Castle Baconia on Saturdays to allow me to share a recipe with you that has our beloved BACON in it. It can be anything – a dessert, a main course, a veg, a treat, a snack………as long as it has BACON!
This is a yummy Southern recipe and if you like cabbage, you’ll like this one……………..if you don’t like cabbage then sorry about that but cabbage is delish AND good for you! Try it!
Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion and Garlic
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (or more bacon of course….!!)
- 1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place the bacon in a large stockpot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes. Immediately stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir another 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.
I haven’t done a vegetable dish in like FOREVER with bacon so thought I’d switch things up a bit this Saturday. I hope you approve………………………remember like all recipes you can add or subtract ingredients – as long as you don’t leave out the BACON!
Enjoy this recipe – it’s dy-no-mite
Happy Saturday – King Teddy